+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The only way I could cut out my junk food was for NOTHING, to be in my house. If it's not there I can't cave for it. If need be get someone else to do your shopping for the first week or two, or Internet shopping. I also started shopping at farmers markets or health food stores, very difficult to find junk food at a farmers market . Good luck with your journey!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Sign up for the Michelle Bridges 12 week challenge. There are fantastic reports about the results and people maintain the weightless.

Have a look in the weightloss section on bubhub to read more. I haven't done it myself but know lots of people who have and who swear it changed their lives.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

mylittlesurprise  (19-10-2012)

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: Why is it so hard...to loose weight?

I'm trying to lose 15kg, I'm 5kg down but at a bit of a standstill. I read a really good book called "eat what you love" by Michelle May, it's about the psychology of eating, I found it really good. It's still only one piece of the puzzle but I feel far less frustrated and helpless now, and I'm not freaked out by this standstill. Today is a new day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I have at least 20 kilos to loose,
    Portable snack food is in my house for my ds,

I have to stop buying junk things like frappees, shakes etc

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    If it's any consolation, my wedding is in three weeks and I look disgusting and I can't bring myself to diet properly because I get to overwhelmed and hungry. I am terrified of looking like this fat pig in the most unflattering colour (white!)

I used to be a model (I swear I don't mean that in an arrogant way, just trying to put it in context with my wedding) because some people who are coming I haven't seen in a few years and they are going to be so surprised with how I look now (I have put on 30 kilograms.)

I'm rambling, but in short - I have no idea. I really don't.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to EchoSummers For This Useful Post:

suemp  (19-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Could it be because you are thinking of weight loss as a temporary thing, like you 'go on a diet' and then stop when you've lost the weight? I know this phrase can be very overused but you really do have to make it a 'lifestyle change'. You have to be committed to healthy living for the rest of your life. And that doesn't mean cutting out all junk food forever. Don't think of foods as 'good' or 'bad'. It's all just food. Don't do anything drastic like saying "I'm never going to eat chocolate again" as that's all you'll think about.

Different things work for different people but I would say the first thing you should do is educate yourself about what you're putting into your body. READ, READ, READ, as much as you can! I love Tiffiny Hall's book 'Weightloss Warrior', and David Gillespie's 'Sweet Poison'. Both give you a lot of great information about what food does to your body. Calorie counting also worked extremely well for me. There are a number of weight loss apps or websites such as Calorie King and My Fitness Pal that give you a set number of calories per day, taking into account your age, height, weight and activity level, and provide you with a food diary to log everything you eat. That really opened my eyes. Once you realise how many calories are in some foods and that you can get so much more 'bang for your buck' by replacing these with healthier options, you stop wanting to blow your allowance on junk.

Also, stick with it If you've been eating unhealthily for a while, it's going to be a hard habit to break. For a couple of weeks you might feel like crap. I know I did when I cut out sugar. But I stuck with it and now I don't crave the stuff at all.

I don't know if I've helped at all but I just thought I'd share what worked for me

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to justthe3ofus For This Useful Post:

shelle65  (19-10-2012),SoThisIsLove  (19-10-2012),suemp  (19-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by EchoSummers View Post
    If it's any consolation, my wedding is in three weeks and I look disgusting and I can't bring myself to diet properly because I get to overwhelmed and hungry. I am terrified of looking like this fat pig in the most unflattering colour (white!)

I used to be a model (I swear I don't mean that in an arrogant way, just trying to put it in context with my wedding) because some people who are coming I haven't seen in a few years and they are going to be so surprised with how I look now (I have put on 30 kilograms.)

I'm rambling, but in short - I have no idea. I really don't.
    You shouldnt let yourself go hungry. I think thats where alot of people go wrong. Starving yourself just isnt maintainable

Fill up on the right type of foods. It actually slows your metabolisim if u let yourself get hungry!

All the best for your wedding. Im sure you will look beautiful, just enjoy your day!! Maybe between now and then, eat really healthy and go for relaxing walks or something. You may drop a few kilos and if not i guarantee you will still feel better

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

mylittlesurprise  (19-10-2012)

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlemissellie View Post
    You shouldnt let yourself go hungry. I think thats where alot of people go wrong. Starving yourself just isnt maintainable

Fill up on the right type of foods. It actually slows your metabolisim if u let yourself get hungry!

All the best for your wedding. Im sure you will look beautiful, just enjoy your day!! Maybe between now and then, eat really healthy and go for relaxing walks or something. You may drop a few kilos and if not i guarantee you will still feel better
    Totally agree with this ^^^ And whats more, re the bolded bit, your metabolism runs more efficiently if you eat sufficient calories. That's what I'm trying to do, eat enough to feel satisfied, but watch the little extras. And then if i'm careful *most* of the time i can splurge *sometimes*. Its fricking hard to be disciplined, but I'm trying to learn these new skills cos i'm fed up of following someone elses idea of what is right for my body

Justthe3ofus, I love David gillespies book, I read it late last year and it started me off on an anti-diet kick. I had a baaaaad sugar addiction and his book inspired me to kick it - it took months but it was my big downfall.

Echosummers don't be so hard on yourself, you will look beautiful and your friends will think so, you will have a fabulous day. Have a great day and worry about the weight later

Theophania is offline 'see what had happened was..there were these three ninjas and a blue monkey and well it really wasn't my fault..'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    For me weight loss is about more than motivation and eating right. I have battled with being a healthy weight since I was a teenager. Back then though I had an eating disorder and was very skinny, then as life progressed instead of starving myself or binging and purging I ate my emotions.

I believe there is a reason I have created all these layers and I believe that working on what is happening on the inside is the key to successful weightloss. I believe for me I need to tackle all my underlying issues in order to be happy and a healthy weight. Anyone can lose weight with dieting or pills, but are they going to keep it off?? Alot of the time no they won't.

If I can finally learn to love myself for who I am big or small I think that is going to be the corner stone of chaning my life. When I realise I don't need to hide behind these layers I think they will fall off easily and stay off...

Well thats what I think anyway I am driven to crappy food for comfort and if I don't need that comfort and protection from food there will be no need for me to feel that uncontrolable urge to eat... I hope that makes sense

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Theophania For This Useful Post:

Gothel  (19-10-2012),SoThisIsLove  (19-10-2012),suemp  (19-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So true Theophania...so true!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to justthe3ofus For This Useful Post:

Theophania  (19-10-2012)