Closed Thread
Page 96 of 154 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blonde Assassin View Post
    Hi ladies, Hope you are all doing well & growing beautiful little babies

Can I ask a question about morning sickness medication? Just wondering at what point would a doctor usually prescribe Maxalon for nausea? I am feeling constant nausea, all day & night, I am throwing up 2-3 times every day.

PS: I actually have some Maxalon (from some stomach bug) in the cupboard at home but I don't feel right taking it unless I've spoken to my GP (which won't be until sometime tomorrow)
    Maxolon is perfectly safe in pregnancy, and yes, you should definitely take it! (I'm not your GP, but I am a doctor, and that's my advice). Try to take it 30 mins before you usually vomit, if you have a pattern. Eg...If you throw up soon after getting out of bed, keep it by your bedside and take it 30 mins before you get up with a sip of water.
    It doesn't work for everyone, but is a good place to start. Zofran wafers (dissolve under your tongue so you can take them if vomiting) are extremely effective in most patients, but aren't on the PBS, so cost about $55 for 10 wafers. But they can be a life-saver. Worked wonderfully for me in my 1st pregnancy, but didn't work at all with this current pregnancy...but that is unusual.
    Try to keep your fluids up.
    J x.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to J37 For This Useful Post:

Blonde Assassin  (27-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bond Girl View Post
    Hi everyone! Well I am finally ‘graduating’ after being on the other thread for a while. 16 DPO and had blood tests every other day since 10 DPO which show hCG and progesterone levels are rising nicely. I am due 3rd August. Feels like such a long way to go until the ‘safe’ zone at 12 weeks, so will be on my mind a lot as it was when I was pregnant with DS. We have told my mum and best friend, but won’t tell anyone else until we’ve had the 7 week scan to check for the heat beat then will only tell MIL and my step dad. Everyone else we will wait until after the 12 week scan to tell. Our family are in the UK so will be giving the news via Skype.

I’ve been going through a fertility centre, as had to take clomid this time due to weight loss after giving birth, and they are doing all the blood tests and will ‘discharge me’ after 7 week scan. But should I go to my GP now or wait until I am all done at the fertility centre? Not had a baby in this country before so unsure how it works! Maybe I should go now so he can refer me to the hospital?

K17- I would be soooo mad if my family did that. It’s not right as it’s not their news. I think you should be really clear that you’re upset about it. Big hugs!

Nila- wow big news! FX for those heartbeats soon!

Waitinghoping- so sorry honey, can’t imagine how you feel at the moment, especially with it not being totally conclusive.
    If you are going privately, you need to see your GP now and get a referral to an OBGYN. It has to be organised ridiculously early, as OBGYNs only take a certain number of women per due date month. They usually see you initially at 8 weeks, so that would work out well after the Fertility Centre discharges you.
    J.

Thanks
    Reviews
    As for me, MS seems to finally be abating!! However, my OBGYN rang me this evening and told me my blood/urine tests from last week showed I have a UTI, so that's delightful. Very common in pregnancy. Starting amoxycillin tonight.
    I have my 12-week scan on Wednesday at 8am. Will be very glad when that's over, and associated with a good outcome!

Big hug to Waitinghoping...your bhCG levels speak volumes unfortunately. My heart goes out to you, it really does. It is an awful experience. J xxx.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    waitinghoping I'm really sorry to hear that hon. Look after yourself.

K17 that is so wrong, I would make a point of telling them that you are upset. I have told my family when we have finished telling everyone that we want to tell in person they can go ahead but until then they need to keep a secret.

Nila wow twins, I hope you get to see 2 strong heartbeats in 2 weeks time

Welcome BondGirl congrats for you BFP

J hows your morning sickness going? Hope you are starting to feel better.

AFM sorry have been missing last few days, struggling to stay awake after work. Everything here is pretty normal, told my nephew about Rhino yesterday, he is very excited but wants to know if its his baby (he is not quite 4 and an only child haha) Other than that nothing to report.

Hope everyone is going well

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Graduates of TTC and not wanting to move!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    As for me, MS seems to finally be abating!! However, my OBGYN rang me this evening and told me my blood/urine tests from last week showed I have a UTI, so that's delightful. Very common in pregnancy. Starting amoxycillin tonight.
    I have my 12-week scan on Wednesday at 8am. Will be very glad when that's over, and associated with a good outcome!

Big hug to Waitinghoping...your bhCG levels speak volumes unfortunately. My heart goes out to you, it really does. It is an awful experience. J xxx.
    So good to hear about the morning sickness leaving you J.
    Not so good about the uti I hate those damn things!
    Good luck Wednesday for your scan!
    Fel xx

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Nila View Post
    Yeah I'm very scared about the idea of twin but dh is super excited and is like yay I always wanted twins!! I have been reading that in pregnancy with multiples it's most likely to have spotting so that's reassuring to a certain extent will go the gp on Wednesday and see what to do next besides having another scan at 8 weeks
    How is everyone today?
    Nila congratulations!!!!!!! I am soooo jealous!! I wanted twins so bad!!!!!

Waiting sorry to hear, hopefully some good news comes your way

Bondgirl yay! Finally!! Welcome!!!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Chocciequeen For This Useful Post:

Bond Girl  (27-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Chocciequeen View Post
    Nila congratulations!!!!!!! I am soooo jealous!! I wanted twins so bad!!!!!

Waiting sorry to hear, hopefully some good news comes your way

Bondgirl yay! Finally!! Welcome!!!!
    I am a tad scared ****less to be honest I don't know how I will do with 4 kids under 5!
    How far along are you?

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh 4 kids under 5 could be interesting!!! Lol
    I'm 15w 4days now, seems to slow down a lot after the 12 w scan!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Chocciequeen View Post
    Oh 4 kids under 5 could be interesting!!! Lol
    I'm 15w 4days now, seems to slow down a lot after the 12 w scan!!!!
    It's slow now only at 5+5!! But enjoy it cause when bub comes there's no rest although not much rest during pregnancy anyways!! Are you going to find out the sex of bub?

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Nila View Post
    It's slow now only at 5+5!! But enjoy it cause when bub comes there's no rest although not much rest during pregnancy anyways!! Are you going to find out the sex of bub?
    Na we found out with dd so now I don't feel the need to find out cause we are all set up I guess? Or because we don't mind what sex so no point!
    I can't wait to finish work, working full time with a toddler and general house stuff is too time consuming but glad I went back while I could to get that brain stimulation lol