Closed Thread
Page 90 of 154 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Graduates of TTC and not wanting to move!!!!

J I just read all about ectopic and am absolutely freaking out! When will they start suspecting one if iv had low rising hcg and bleeding?
    Last edited by ChannyV; 24-11-2012 at 15:48.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    Nothing to worry about. It will shrink in a few weeks, and everything will move back into it's original position. As for the pain, paracetamol and heat packs.
    Think of it as a good thing...you have a nice big corpus luteum producing progesterone and sustaining your pregnancy .
    J.
    Oh good! Thank you
    It worried me there for a bit
    And J is a heart rate of 118bpm ok for 6+4? It seems low to me but I'm not sure what its supposed to be.
    Thanks again for all your help,
    Fel x

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by waitinghoping View Post
    J - just wanting to ask your advice.....

They did an abdominal scan. There is a sac measuring spot on 7 weeks but she couldnt see anything inside of it. She said it could be because there is no baby (blighted ovum) or because the ultrasound isnt high resolution enough. I asked if they could do a transvaginal, she said no I have to wait until Wed at the IVF clinic (even though I was at the major Womens and Childrens hospital at the time.....GRRRRR). So 3 hours later Ive been sent away with still no answer. Is it too early to see anything via abdominal or should I be preparing myself for bad news. (I have a gut feeling its going to be the 2nd one.....) Im going nuts.
    Oh I'm so sorry to hear about the no answers and unhelpful people!!! I hope on Wednesday you get news and fx it's good news!!
    I am now on countdown mode for my ultrasound Monday I know it might be still early to hear the heartbeat but I'm hoping they will at least look for ectopic and other issues it may be with all the spotting I have!!

Thanks
    Reviews

waitinghoping, that sux that now they've made you worry more...

I remember at 7 weeks when I had spotting, the reception lady said 'abdominal u/s' but when I saw my ob he said no, not reliable at that many weeks, & did a transvaginal.

Thanks
    Reviews

Good luck in Monday Nila! I have mine on Tues.... hmmmm boy or girl... Still not sure Dh wants to find out though!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by MyLittleStar View Post
    Good luck in Monday Nila! I have mine on Tues.... hmmmm boy or girl... Still not sure Dh wants to find out though!
    Oh how exciting just you find out and if he wants to know you can tell him later

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannyV View Post
    J I just read all about ectopic and am absolutely freaking out! When will they start suspecting one if iv had low rising hcg and bleeding?
    If your bhCG continues to rise at a slow level, your doctor will want to exclude an ectopic, which can be done fairly early by ultrasound. If it is a failed pregnancy, then your bhCG will generally fall quite quickly...it may rise a tad more, but then decrease soon after. With an ectopic, you generally get a fair bit of discomfort/pain on one side.
    I had a right-sided ectopic late last year, which was managed conservatively (no surgery, no drugs...just serial blood tests until bhCG fell to 0). And with my current pregnancy, I ovulated from the right side, so clearly my right tube was intact!
    J xx.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to J37 For This Useful Post:

ChannyV  (25-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Hey I know this may seem like a weird question but does anyone know if it's ok to have beef jerky while pregnant I googled it and got mixed answers!! I have been craving it all day and there's a bag in my cupboard I would live to devour!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Lol nila I googled the same thing last night!
    DH bought home a bag of BBQ beef jerky mm it was good! I read that it's ok in moderation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FelH View Post
    Oh good! Thank you
    It worried me there for a bit
    And J is a heart rate of 118bpm ok for 6+4? It seems low to me but I'm not sure what its supposed to be.
    Thanks again for all your help,
    Fel x
    At 6w4d that HR sounds fine...don't forget the heart only starts beating at 6w2d!
    It will be faster at your next scan. At my 7-week scan it was 132bpm, and only 3 weeks later it was 172bpm. The average at 12-weeks can be anywhere between 140-180, but at such an early stage, 118bpm sounds quite normal.
    J x.