Closed Thread
Page 88 of 154 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by button2012 View Post
    sorry girls my last post was a bit insensitive! I shouldnt be placing my views on you!
    Button, as a midwife or doctor, it's hard not to have strong opinions on certain issues! It's the passion we have for our profession.
    I love my private OBGYN, and private Obstetric Hospitals are lovely, but I do agree with you that LSCS should not be based on the indication of "convenience", but rather on obstetric necessity (for me, that would be obstructed labour, foetal distress, breech presentation, placenta praevia, etc).
    The problem the private sector faces is that private OBGYNs are on-call 24/7 every day of their life, which even for the most dedicated, is rarely sustainable for them personally. I think the only solution is for private OBGYNs to cover each other on certain weekends and holidays, so they do get a break. Hopefully this would help reduce elective LSCS rates. And as private patients, we need to be reasonable and accept the fact that the OBGYN who has provided our antenatal care, may not be the one delivering us. My OBGYN hasn't had a holiday for years, which cannot be good for her...and may result in burn-out, which would be such a shame. I think it is a real dilemma for private Obstetrics.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Graduates of TTC and not wanting to move!!!!

Thanks J, yea she said it was a corpus luteal cyst, at first they thought it was on my left ovary but then when they couldn't find my right ovary they realised what they were seeing sort of behind the left ovary was my right ovary. It's moved I think it must be towards my back as I've been having a lot of back pain as well towards the left side.
    Does it move back my itself?
    The sonographers didn't sound too concerned but the cyst took up most of the ultrasound photos.
    Fel

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FelH View Post
    Thanks J, yea she said it was a corpus luteal cyst, at first they thought it was on my left ovary but then when they couldn't find my right ovary they realised what they were seeing sort of behind the left ovary was my right ovary. It's moved I think it must be towards my back as I've been having a lot of back pain as well towards the left side.
    Does it move back my itself?
    The sonographers didn't sound too concerned but the cyst took up most of the ultrasound photos.
    Fel
    Nothing to worry about. It will shrink in a few weeks, and everything will move back into it's original position. As for the pain, paracetamol and heat packs.
    Think of it as a good thing...you have a nice big corpus luteum producing progesterone and sustaining your pregnancy .
    J.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nila - no this is my 2nd. I had about 2 days of spotting with DD. Nothing like this!!! Its really doing my head in. Im contemplating going to the womens assessment centre to see if I can get a scan done cos Im going nuts with worry. At least then if its bad news I can deal with it (a bit!) over the weekend.... hmmmm not sure... Im 7 weeks today....

Thanks
    Reviews

Interesting J, I wondered how they could tell which ovary I ovulated from...!
    I agree too, everyone deserves a holiday. I'm going private & I really don't mind if another ob needs to deliver my baby, I figure they all have mine and my baby's best interest at heart. Plus, with dd my 2 lovely midwives were with me the whole time and played a key role in my calm labour & delivery.

Thanks
    Reviews

Waiting & Nila, I had spotting at 5 weeks & 7 weeks, both times had a scan. At my 7 week they saw a small, 1cm, detachment of my placenta. My ob told me it would most probably heal naturally, but prescribed a week bed rest & progesterone as a precaution.

So even though I'll never know if I would have healed naturally, I'm glad I got it checked out.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Graduates of TTC and not wanting to move!!!!

Waiting and Nila I didn't have spotting - I had a full on bleed with my ds around 5 weeks for about 2 days - bright red blood nearly as heavy as a period and he is 13 months now. We were convinced I had miscarried so please try not to stress too much (I know it's hard) and just go easy I was told to put my feet up for a few days Fx for u ladies xx
    Sent from my HTC One XL using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by k17 View Post
    Waiting and Nila I didn't have spotting - I had a full on bleed with my ds around 5 weeks for about 2 days - bright red blood nearly as heavy as a period and he is 13 months now. We were convinced I had miscarried so please try not to stress too much (I know it's hard) and just go easy I was told to put my feet up for a few days Fx for u ladies xx
    Wow that would have been scary! I am actually quite relaxed today I'm going to try not to think about it and whatever happens happens!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Nila View Post
    Wow that would have been scary! I am actually quite relaxed today I'm going to try not to think about it and whatever happens happens!
    It was especially with my first and people don't tell u how common bleeding is on early pregnancy although still not the best and prefer not to have it at all. Good luck I'm sure your bean will be just fine

Thanks
    Reviews

Woo just had to share cos I think the ladies in the ttc threads will be getting annoyed at me by now. But shocked at the conception windows as I'm only 12 dpo

Attached Images