Closed Thread
Page 84 of 154 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    sorry girls my last post was a bit insensitive! I shouldnt be placing my views on you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Graduates of TTC and not wanting to move!!!!

Buttons since you have done a midwifery thing and work with this sort of thing what are the odds of me brig able to have a vaginal birth after having 2 c section? Although with my 1st I was pushing for 3 hours and nothing happened and second I didn't even try although I did labour they just took me to an emergency c section
    Is it possible?

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by button2012 View Post
    Im going public - I have private health insurance but have chosen public due to the 60-70 percent ceasaran rate and the chance of a spontaneous vaginal birth without vacuum of forceps is less than 10% - i just know the stats because i have finished my masters of midwifery in vaginal births! Intervention because your OB wants to go home at 5pm or doesnt want you to go into labour at night or on weekends frustrates me. Yesterday an OB said to me - 'my ladies will all 'develop' (in inverted commas) medical reasons for ceasarean sections or induction before the 23rd december - he said he is not being called in over chrissie and new years for vaginal births! sorry getting of my high horse now.
    i want to be able to birth standing up or on all fours if i feel like it and OB's dont usually allow this because they dont want their pants to get dirty.
    That's shocking about that ob. I know no one wants to work Christmas day but sometimes things happen.

I hear the above statistics all the time and I am sure they are 100% true it just confuses me that it doesn't match my own personal experience at all....I am thinking I got lucky with a good ob. Yep I had a forceps delivery but only after my bub was back to back and I saw the heart rate dropping on the screen with my own eyes. At that point the midwife there wanted csect but my ob and I wanted forceps. Before that point he let me be in any position I wanted to birth in. I am a self confessed dr lover though (minus the above doctor ) Now reading everything on these forums since I had DD It scares me if I wasn't able to get this same ob again I would now be scared to go with another one.

Thanks
    Reviews

Does anyone know if canned tuna is ok food for pregnancy? And is there a limit how much you can have a week?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LilPetal View Post
    Does anyone know if canned tuna is ok food for pregnancy? And is there a limit how much you can have a week?
    Is it safe to eat tuna when you're pregnant?

Last reviewed: August 2010

The BabyCenter Editorial Team answers:

It is safe to eat two or three serves of canned or fresh tuna or salmon a week. While pregnant women are advised to avoid eating a lot of fish that is high in mercury, tuna is generally considered to be low in mercury. And canned tuna usually has lower levels of mercury because it is made from the younger, smaller fish (NSW FA n.d.).

Read more: http://www.babycenter.com.au/pregnan...#ixzz2D0leybmy

Last edited by BH-tech; 06-01-2015 at 16:43.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimeMummy2012 View Post
    Is it safe to eat tuna when you're pregnant?

Last reviewed: August 2010

The BabyCenter Editorial Team answers:

It is safe to eat two or three serves of canned or fresh tuna or salmon a week. While pregnant women are advised to avoid eating a lot of fish that is high in mercury, tuna is generally considered to be low in mercury. And canned tuna usually has lower levels of mercury because it is made from the younger, smaller fish (NSW FA n.d.).

Read more: http://www.babycenter.com.au/pregnan...#ixzz2D0leybmy

Awesome! Thanks! I think I might make myself a tuna wrap for lunch
    Last edited by BH-tech; 12-01-2015 at 12:55. Reason: Link Removal

7. The Following User Says Thank You to LilPetal For This Useful Post:

FirstTimeMummy2012  (23-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Had my follow up U/S after the bleeding a few weeks ago. Rhino was measuring well and we could see and hear the heartbeat Ob very happy. Put paperwork into hospital as well.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ToniS View Post
    Had my follow up U/S after the bleeding a few weeks ago. Rhino was measuring well and we could see and hear the heartbeat Ob very happy. Put paperwork into hospital as well.
    Great to hear Toni I'm glad all is good for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniS View Post
    Yayyyy ToniS

I just have to jump in and say I am soooo excited! Just booked our 3D/4D early gender determination scan for the 8th December .. only 2 weeks to go!

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi all👋

Just got my 2nd blood test back. So at 14dpo hcg level was 685 and 20dpo hcg level is 8thousand and something. Based on O today I'm spot on 5weeks. Here is hoping its a sticky bub.