Closed Thread
Page 6 of 154 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Graduates of TTC and not wanting to move!!!!

So dr app was this morning. Did a blood test and will have the results back tomorrow so made an appointment for then. My dr will go through everything then and give me a referral for my ob as well as for a 6 week dating scan. This is new because I never had a dating scan or a blood test when pregnant with my DD.

Unfortunately my blood pressure was 140/90!!!! He said it might just be because I am anxious and retook it 15 mins later and it was down to 125/70. I am trying not to freak out but it's hard seeing as I had blood pressure issues last pregnancy and ended up being induced at 38 weeks for pre eclampsia

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LilPetal View Post
    So dr app was this morning. Did a blood test and will have the results back tomorrow so made an appointment for then. My dr will go through everything then and give me a referral for my ob as well as for a 6 week dating scan. This is new because I never had a dating scan or a blood test when pregnant with my DD.Unfortunately my blood pressure was 140/90!!!! He said it might just be because I am anxious and retook it 15 mins later and it was down to 125/70. I am trying not to freak out but it's hard seeing as I had blood pressure issues last pregnancy and ended up being induced at 38 weeks for pre eclampsia
    According to the other thread only some doctors like to do a 6 week scan others hare happy waiting till the 12 weeks so I guess it depends on what doctor you have When my partner had high blood pressure we did the following to help lower it naturally might be things you do already but heres the list anyway - took daily long walks- Cut out coffee- Ate a lot of green leafy vegetables- Cut down sodium intake- Cut down animal fats and didn't eat red meat

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by mylittlesurprise View Post
    According to the other thread only some doctors like to do a 6 week scan others hare happy waiting till the 12 weeks so I guess it depends on what doctor you have When my partner had high blood pressure we did the following to help lower it naturally might be things you do already but heres the list anyway - took daily long walks- Cut out coffee- Ate a lot of green leafy vegetables- Cut down sodium intake- Cut down animal fats and didn't eat red meat
    Good tips! Unfortunately I already do most of that except I eat red meat not a lot but a few times a week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It was probably "white-coat hypertension", that is...anxiety at the doctors' clinic. BP should be repeated over several visits.
    There is not much point doing a scan at 6 weeks, as the heartbeat is not seen until 6 weeks 2 days at the earliest!! Best to wait until 7 weeks. And 7 week scans are not common, as they are not performed unless there is a reason (previous ectopic, missed miscarriage, etc). Dating scans are rare, as most people have an inkling of their LMP (not all!).
    J.

Ps. I am SO sick!!! Vomiting, vomiting. Tried Blackmores, ginger beer, etc!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks J

Poor love Fingers crossed it weakens alittle bit for you... Are you able to eat anything?

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh J you poor thing!

I thought the 6 week scan was odd. I might skip it and wait for my first ob app because he will do a scan then anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mylittlesurprise View Post
    Thanks J

Poor love Fingers crossed it weakens alittle bit for you... Are you able to eat anything?
    No cannot eat anything. Can't drink much either. Yukky!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    J - that sucks about the m/s 2 suggestions I have for you:

1) take multivitamin (if you are taking one) at night - I found if I took mine in the morning I was always sick because of the after taste and it always kept repeating on me

2) BURGER RINGS!!! I have NO idea why. One of my friends recommended them to me and it worked for me!! Not sure if its the salt or what in them. I tried crackers, ginger, everything but once I started eating burger rings I just made sure I always had a few with me to nibble on if I started feeling nauseous!!

Hope it eases soon for you xx

Hope to be in here with you all very soon......

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to waitinghoping For This Useful Post:

J37  (23-10-2012),mylittlesurprise  (22-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    2 sleeps until u/s. stressing! i wish it was now so i could just get it over with.
    Ok i am a science minded person - i love statistics, i need statistics! so (J u might know this). What are the chances that I will see a healthy baby on wednesday? coz i read miscarriage is about 10-15%. Is it still that high at over 7 weeks?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Just read 5%?
    http://www.huggies.com.au/pregnancy/miscarriage/risk

I think the high 15% risk is before 4-5 wks??