Closed Thread
Page 26 of 154 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Good luck with your scan today Choccie!

mylittlesurprise - OMG how awful was it last night??? I slept terribly! Thank GOD I wont be really pregnant during summer this year. When I had DD in '09 she was born on the day the heatwave broke (remember the 2 weeks we had of continuous days over 40C??!!) I thought I was going to die!!

J and LilPetal - hope the MS eases soon for you, not looking foward to that at all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Graduates of TTC and not wanting to move!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ToniS View Post
    Sitting on the chair having breakfast listening to the first rain of the season. Look at the clock and go crap I nearly forgot I have to go to work soon.

The all day nausea sure does suck. I don't know how J and lil petal do it with a little one already.
    Well I never let my DD watch TV...until this week! Poor kid!

Thanks
    Reviews
    For the ladies suffering from terrible MS .. have you thought of trying Zofran? I suffered for 4 very long weeks with constant vomiting and all day nausea until I finally begged my GP for Zofran which he handed over seeing as the Maxolon was doing nothing for me and everything else I had tried had miserably failed. Zofran is now my new best friend. The nausea lifted about 90% and I am actually able to eat full meals now! Not a massive meal but a small basic meal which is a huge achievement! Don't suffer when there's no need to ladies. if you haven't tried Zofran, give it a go. It's safe to use during pregnancy and it saved my sanity. I was seriously starting to lose it in a big way before I took one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimeMummy2012 View Post
    For the ladies suffering from terrible MS .. have you thought of trying Zofran? I suffered for 4 very long weeks with constant vomiting and all day nausea until I finally begged my GP for Zofran which he handed over seeing as the Maxolon was doing nothing for me and everything else I had tried had miserably failed. Zofran is now my new best friend. The nausea lifted about 90% and I am actually able to eat full meals now! Not a massive meal but a small basic meal which is a huge achievement! Don't suffer when there's no need to ladies. if you haven't tried Zofran, give it a go. It's safe to use during pregnancy and it saved my sanity. I was seriously starting to lose it in a big way before I took one.
    Unfortunately, yes I am using it regularly, but with little relief! I don't really understand, as the Zofran wafers worked miracles in my first pregnancy, and I expected the same result. Perhaps they are reducing the nausea, but certainly not in any amazing way.
    I use Zofran (ondansetron) IV at work in post-surgical patients, and it is a really good anti-emetic.
    I feel like a freak! For others (LilPetal and others to come), I agree...Zofran is usually the magic ticket!
    But thanks for the advice anyway lovely!
    J x.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to J37 For This Useful Post:

FirstTimeMummy2012  (05-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All - wow so much happens over a few days, I hardly get a chance to jump on over the weekends so there is always a little catching up to do.

Sounds like everyone had busy weekends!

Button - My first C-section was due to being induced (for low fluid around 5, and high BP) then after 12 hours bubs was in distress, my temp jumped up and I only managed to get to 4cms, so it was a bit of a fail, lol. Second one we set a date for the c-section but I was hoping to try a VBAC up until that date... had a few false starts but it never progressed so had the c-sec. I think I feel a little safer having another c-section, my DF researched the stats about VBA2C and had a little freak out, lol.
    Great news about your scan! Must have been so nice to see bubs

Eko - I can only imagine what a worrying time this is, I really have everything crossed that it turns out ok.

MickeyMouse - good luck for tomorrow!!!

mrstuilawa - Can I ask where you bought your doppler? Have been thinking about getting one.

Dreamgirl - I hope your cold clears up soon, not a nice way to end off the honeymoon, hopefully that BFP makes up for it!

Congrats to Blonda Assassin and Waiting hoping - so nice to see you going the group!

Sorry for all those with horrid all day nausea, I know how utterly draining it is, especially when you have to juggle everything else at the same time.

AFM - 15 or 16dpo now and have a very dark test line, it is heaps darker than the control now so I am taking it as a positive sign. Oddly enough I am feeling the first bouts of nausea... which is strange for me, I usually don't start till 6 weeks. Not complaining though, just have to wait it out for the next, oh, 16 weeks? lol. I have a feeling I will be getting a zofran script soon.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to swizzly555 For This Useful Post:

dream girl  (05-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awww J I really hope your sickness eases soon. How awful that not even Zofran is working

Swizzly, YAY for your lines getting darker!
    AFM I just need to vent or get it off my chest .. I have been so positive up until this point about this pregnancy but suddenly as we approach the NT scan, I am FREAKING out

I'm terrified of not being able to find a heart beat or there being something terribly wrong. After a missed miscarriage earlier this year, I find that I am a little on edge now and I wish and hope with all my might that everything come sout perfectly with our results.

I realise my worries and fears are unfounded at this point but I still can't help it. I am terrified of something going wrong

Any tips on how to keep positive? To top it off, my MS seems to have eased A LOT so it just makes me panic some more thinking could something be wrong.

I want to be excited about my upcoming scan .. not shaking in my boots!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Graduates of TTC and not wanting to move!!!!

First time mum - if it makes u feel any better I haven't suffered from ms either, and the small amount of nausea I did get disappeared at 10w along with the tiredness so now I have no symptoms what so ever!
    I'm going for the 12 w scan this morning I am also hoping its all ok but thinking positive until proven otherwise?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocciequeen View Post
    First time mum - if it makes u feel any better I haven't suffered from ms either, and the small amount of nausea I did get disappeared at 10w along with the tiredness so now I have no symptoms what so ever!
    I'm going for the 12 w scan this morning I am also hoping its all ok but thinking positive until proven otherwise?
    Lucky you chocciequeen! From week 5 I was suffering something chronic from MS. I was sick all day every day. I started taking Zofran last week and it has literally saved my life and my sanity! It's just really eased off today and foods I was off, I no longer am.

Good luck with your scan .. I'm sure bubs will be perfect

Thanks
    Reviews
    congratulations waitinghoping and blondeassassin! it it so nice seeing more and more girls moving over here!
    good luck for your scan today chocciequeen! just think there is a much higher chance that everything will be fine than it wont x x
    afm: 8w and 4 or 5 days today - im not sure if my due date is 13th or 12th june because they gave me two different dates at my 2 dating scans.hmm. anyway im going well - i feel like i have become a bit of a recluse! it is so hard hiding being pregnant! especially when not feeling well ad all my friends keep inviting me out for drinks! bring on the next 3 and a half weeks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ohh I feel for you all who are experiencing the nausea! Its truly debilitating! All I can remember from last time was lots of white, starchy carbs eased it for me. My GP wouldn't give me any medication. I'm going to appreciate the ability to still eat full meals now! I already decided to eat really well for a while, just in case I get horrible nausea like last time. May as well get the good nutrition while I can!

I am getting one of DS's colds, my throat is so sore! If only it was a week or two ago! There are so many things you can't take while pregnant, its going to take me a while to get used to it! It even says on the packet that you shouldn't use a sore throat gargle!! Argh, why on earth not?!