Closed Thread
Page 19 of 154 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dream girl View Post
    J what do you mean about OB having to book me in now? If I've booked my OB and he only delivers out of the one hospital do I have to do anything else or will he take care of it?
    The OB should take care of it for you .. mine is.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to FirstTimeMummy2012 For This Useful Post:

dream girl  (01-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Graduates of TTC and not wanting to move!!!!

My OB booked me in the hospital too - he just asked which one I preferred

Thanks
    Reviews
    Double post

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    As far as I know my Ob is taking care of it, I spoke to the receptionist she checked I had private health and said that would cover the hospital and told me how much my Ob is going to cost. Will confirm in a few weeks at first appt.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by dream girl View Post
    How exciting! What OB are you with? I've called and made my appointment with Dr Oliver Brown. I've heard good things about him.
    I am with Dr. Lyndal Harborne, she is absolutely amazing! When we knew about the problems last time she organised everything and made sure we were seen asap and then afterwards she came and sat with me in hospital and just had a chat and gave me a hug. She was the only person I felt I could talk to and it really built a great relationship so she said she would be very excited to see me book in with here once we got our BFP. I am going to call the end of next week, just want to make sure this is a sticky bub first. Who knows, we might see each other up at the hospital and not even know it

Button - Good luck with your exam! I really hope you can get through it trouble free. I use to work with a lot of Med students and I remember the stress they were under, especially at exam time. Make sure you do something special to treat yourself once your done!

LilPetal - was it exciting being able to tell someone? I find I always get a little giddy, lol. I have worked out I will be 12 weeks on New Years so when I come back from the break I will fill people in at work. How do you find the Blackmores? Are they easy to swallow? I have problems in that area so looking for something that isn't a horse tablet, lol.

ToniS - I had thrust ALL through my second pregnancy, it was a nightmare so I really feel for you hoepfully it clears up and is just a one off thing.

J - I am like you, I don't mind the clinical side of birth at all. Both mine have had to be CS and this one will too and for me, I am comfortable with that. I have felt labour so at least that is something. I have wondered about trying natural but my OB was worried about scarring after 2 CS and the other procedures I have had done. I trust her so I think CS is the way to go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Swizzly. Its ridiculous when you get your BFP you expect the MS the exhaustion, the sore boobs but you don't expect to get bronchitis and thrush hahaha oh well. I just went to the pharmacist who said because I still have a week of antibiotics they recommend just continuing with the cream to ease the itch but to come back at end of antibiotics if its still here and they will give me something.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Graduates of TTC and not wanting to move!!!!

Wow ladies now this is more like a forum!!
    Thanks for the long post J!!!
    I'm being good taking preg vitamins maybe natures way brand? Can't remember!
    I am seriously struggling with not being able to drink beer it is killing me!!! Mainly because we live in karratha and its soooo hot here there is nothing better than a cold beer arrhhh!! Anyways I will push through with a few mouthfuls of hubby's here and there!
    I'm 12 weeks today and have my scan on Monday.
    No more tiredness or should I say exhaustion for me and the nausea feeling has also passed I did have cravings for mashed potato but that has disappeared!
    I will be having this baby in karratha, so no options for me here! I had dd in Kalgoorlie also regional and that was great!
    Button food luck with ur final exam - I have a question for you, with dd I had the placenta grow into the uterine wall requiring removal under general, what are the chances of this happening again? I was so annoyed having a completely natural birth with no drugs or stitches and then having to go through that afterwards!!!

We have only told family and a few friends, have to work up the courage to tell work yet :/.

Hope everyone else is havin a good day, tomorrow is Friday yay!! Work this week has been draining and dd has an ear infection to top it off!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Swizzly - It was great telling someone and will make it easier keeping it from everyone else for the time being. blackmores are quite large and it's two a day but they have a vanilla flavour and are very smooth capsules so I find they are quite easy to swallow. I am someone wh is bad with a lot of tablets that are powdered. If there is any chance of them starting to dissolve in my mouth I can't get them down but these are fine.

J - I would love to know more about why you love epidurals. I like a clinical approach to labour too that's why I enjoyed going private for DD with an ob and will use the same one this time. I had an epidural half way through my labour last time and then ended up with a forceps delivery. I didn't really need it for pain but the midwife kept nagging me to have it because of my blood pressure so I caved. This time thinking I wint have one but would love to hear yours and Buttons thoughts.

As for the hospital I was reminded to pre book online by my ob's office then will get the paperwork to finish booking at first ob appointment. My ob books out quickly though so lucky I got in.

Toni so sorry you have thrush, so unlucky after you have been so sick. I hope you start to feel better soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    choccie qheen - while the risk of reaccurance with placenta accreta is higher than the general population due to scarring, there is still about an 80% chance that you wont get it. There is nothing that you can do to prevent it either so dont worry. unfortunately it is just one of those things. Such a pity that u had to go to theattre AFTER the birth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    J - the epinoh or any similar devices still dont have enough data to state whether they are effective. The Obstetricians that I work with dont believe in them though! My thoughts are they dont hurt so why not! unfortunately after a previous episiotomy you wont have as much stretch in that spot of your perineum anymore so may need another epis. But good on you for vaginally birthing a 4.6 bubba! that is one mean feat - no wonder you needed some help!!!
    and yes I totally agree that birthing at a hospital that has a theatre that can turn around an emergency caesarean section very quickly is utmost importance. I am all for woman being able to choose however they want to birth as long as they are making an informed decision and know the pros and cons for them and their babies - HOWEVER being at a facility that can quickly act upon an obstetric emergency is a necessity in my eyes!