Closed Thread
Page 17 of 154 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Graduates of TTC and not wanting to move!!!!

Thanks sage, will maybe consider telling family on wend. DH said its up to me as I'm the one carrying so I have to be comfortable telling people. My bibs arrived for my sister and sil on Monday, they are so cute. That's how we will tell them as they are both expecting. One for sil says 'I love my cousin' and the one for my sister who is due any day now says 'I'm going to be a big cousin'. Did anyone have a special way of telling their parents...?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Graduates of TTC and not wanting to move!!!!

They sound cute I was that in shock that I rang my mum straight away and said I just peed on a stick and f**k I'm pregnant lol so I'm sure you can come up with something nicer than that!

Sent from my HTC One X using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrstuilawa View Post
    They sound cute I was that in shock that I rang my mum straight away and said I just peed on a stick and f**k I'm pregnant lol so I'm sure you can come up with something nicer than that!

I did the same thing! I was absolutely shocked by the second pink line, that I sat staring at it for about 30 mins whilst rambling to my Mum and sister! When I told my husband, he said "How can you be pregnant?!"...given we had sex 5 days before my +ve OPK and temperature rise, and he'd been in NSW!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Graduates of TTC and not wanting to move!!!!

Haha that sounds similar to me too, we'd only had sex I think once and it was days before I would have ovulated lol worst part for me was I did my test in a public toilet LOL

Thanks
    Reviews
    I remember I rang my sister and said hello Aunty.... she replied "Hi how are you" I said didn't you hear me I said hello Aunty ..... at which point she screamed down the phone. Hahaha her son came in to check she was ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    OK Choccie...let's entertain you..
    Firstly, welcome to the new girls. It is excellent to see all the "graduations", it really makes me pleased. So many of us have had difficult journeys, with miscarriages and long periods of TTC. Early pregnancy is a stressful time...anxiety if/when you spot or cramp, waiting until your first scan, NTD/Down's/Trisomy 18 risk, etc! But...it's all part of the deal of a BFP.
    So, are we all being good?...Taking folic acid, keeping fluids up if vomiting etc, avoiding alcohol. One of the things which is often overlooked is the importance of iodine. It is essential for baby's brain development. It is in Elevit, but that's a bit of an expensive way to do it. Iodised salt added to your food is an easy way in which to supplement your iodine intake.
    The not drinking alcohol part is easy for me at the moment, as I seem to have completely gone off it...but when I was in my last trimester with my son, I had cravings for champagne! (And occasionally indulged toward the end!).
    Anyone else got weird cravings?
    I am 8 weeks today, and so probably in the peak period for morning sickness. Cannot eat at all. Not a problem, but it's the fluids I am struggling with. Tried ginger ale, which is supposed to have anti-nausea properties, but that came up too!
    Am not working right now...I usually am mostly in the Operating Theatres, so cannot really vomit in the corner in a sterile environment!! Plus, I can barely get the housework done, let alone see patients! Work can wait.
    Can't think of anything else...your turn Choccie! I am going to re-watch the latest episode of Downton Abbey which Dad downloaded for me, because it is SO good!
    J xx.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow what a post J. Just so everyone knows Blackmores Pregnancy tablets have iodine in them. I am taking them as I can't take a lot of tablets due to allergy to Sulphur.
    Not drinking alcohol is no problem for me as I am not a big drinker anyway. However DP seems to be celebrating the pregnancy every night
    Its a pity you are having so much trouble My mum suggested chamomile tea for nausea not really sure it would help but its something I haven't heard before.

Thanks
    Reviews

It's 1am and I am wide awake! This is crazy. Although I am feeling a bit nauseous I am way too excited to care!! My whole family knows that we have been trying and have been sharing our journey so I've called my siblings and told them straight away. We plan on telling both my sets of parents before the week is out but want to do it face to face.

Thanks for all of your tips J! This is my first and I'm definitely feeling completely clueless. I'll be relying on you ladies a lot when I have questions!

Where is everyone from? I'm on the Central Coast of NSW although we will go to Newcastle Private Hospital to have the baby.

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi girls...
    Yes there doesn't seem as much to talk about once you're utd!
    Congrats to the new bfps!
    Exciting news for me is that my all day nausea seems to have finally left the building... still have some issues with milk and sweet foods, but I can handle that!
    Last night Dh felt the baby, he was excited about that, the movements are getting a bit stronger now.
    I'm living overseas at the moment, so will go to a private hospital here. My ob speaks some English too, thank God!
    I'm 18 weeks and have my next ultrasound at 22. Will we find out boy or girl???? Who knows... Depends if I can convince Dh!

Thanks
    Reviews
    MyLittleStar - Yay for the nausea leaving the building!

Dream Girl - I'm in the south western Sydney region. I had a missed misscarriage earlier this year but this will be my first baby so yeah, sometimes I feel clueless too! Was so happy to see my bubba at 9 weeks last week with a nice strong heartbeat.

Good news on my front. I was finally prescribed Zofran after all day vomiting and nausea as Maxolon hasn't done a thing for me and every option has been tried and I am ecstatic to report that within 15 minutes the nausea had vanished and I am now feeling 90% better. There is still a little inkling of it there in the background but I don't throw up everything I eat now and I actually was able to eat a meal last night which I hadn't been able to do in over a month! So happy!

Yes, Zofran is expensive, but I ended up getting the generic brand and it cost only half!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to FirstTimeMummy2012 For This Useful Post:

dream girl  (01-11-2012)