Closed Thread
Page 144 of 154 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 1537
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    FelH- I'm pretty sure I was told the NT U/S had to be done between 12 and 13 weeks. So I would check that 13+3 is not too late.

ToniS- don't know anything about the cysts but I feel for you, sounds painful hun!

I echo what others were saying about toddlers! My son, Toby, just turned two and has been a handful for about a year, lol. He is very chatty and knows exactly what he wants! I spend my time with him covered in whatever food he has been eating and wiped on me, running around playing, and despite the fact he now sleeps through the night it's more tiring than a newborn. I remember when he was little I just sat on my butt all day breastfeeding with my feet up!

5w 6d today and my symptoms have started kicking in, but no nasty ones fortunately, just needing to pee lots, tiredness and sore nipples. Luckily no m/s like my first pregnancy. Managed to re-book my 12 wk NT ultrasound with another provider who is MUCH cheaper, so I will save about $200

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Graduates of TTC and not wanting to move!!!!

My ob told me that NT scan had to be done between 12-13 weeks. I wanted to go at 11w 3d, but that was too early. Bit of a bugga cos I had to take another day off work (I didn't think I could sneak out for about 3 hours without anyone noticing)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by ToniS View Post
    Yup I know about Cyclone season, we are already getting told to expect one this month and then 4 in the new year. I hope they don't head this way and stay out in the ocean. Does it normally stay that hot all year round where you are? We cool down a fair bit in winter and looking at the map the other day we are similar distances north just on opposite sides of Australia. By the sounds of things you might get hotter during summer than us as well. We are normally around 32C - 35C (though that is expected to be higher this year) but its the humidity that normally kills us.
    Yes it normally stays around the same temp all year, summer heats up and "winter" as they call it here doesn't require you to wear a jumper or pants lol!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Graduates of TTC and not wanting to move!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    K17...that doesn't sound right...you definitely should be offered a 12-week scan, as it is a Medicare-rebatable item. In a young healthy couple there is generally no need for an earlier scan (earlier than 12 weeks), unless you have bleeding or pain or a prior history of loss, but 12 weeks is certainly standard in Australia.
    Personally, I would push the issue with him.

Please don't feel like a "bad mother" re: your little boy...toddlers are an absolute handful, and at the end of the day, if he has your love he will be just fine!

Sounds like you are having a crappy day...but we are all here to offer support where we can
    J xx.
    Thanks j, he's not really refusing me I got tripped up. He asked me if I knew about all the downs screening and testing and I thought he was talking about if u get high risk and u can do the amino etc I told him we didn't have that with ds and so wasn't stressed this time around and then he said that we didnt need the 12 week scan then - if I had if known that's what he was on about screening for downs then I would have Said yes I want it! I thought the 12 week was mandatory aswell. I didn't have it with ds cos I had one at 6 weeks as I was bleeding and we saw his hb so I just thought that was the reason we didn't have the later one. Will I look silly if I go back and say we have changed our minds and want a screen for downs?

Sent from my HTC One XL using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh and thanks for the support girls as a mum I have made a very bad decision and now I'm dealing with the after affects won't make that mistake again....ds likes his dummy to have something on it.... So bow we won't him to go without he doest know how to go to sleep with out it....I don't know what to do.(oh its not really really bad like alcohol or anything!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    K17- You say DS likes something on his dummy, do you mean like food, something sweet? Or is the dummy an issue all by itself?

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Bond Girl View Post
    K17- You say DS likes something on his dummy, do you mean like food, something sweet? Or is the dummy an issue all by itself?
    When he was younger and had thrush in his mouth the only way to get rid of it was a bit of glycerine on his dummy, he still likes the glycerine..... I'm embarrassed to admit it. And now we are trying to get him off it and he won't go to sleep, I tried giving him his dummy with nothing on it but he refuses it....

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by k17 View Post
    When he was younger and had thrush in his mouth the only way to get rid of it was a bit of glycerine on his dummy, he still likes the glycerine..... I'm embarrassed to admit it. And now we are trying to get him off it and he won't go to sleep, I tried giving him his dummy with nothing on it but he refuses it....

Interesting I don't really know how to solve your problem bub my 2yr old has a dummy and now a little fluffy llama toy that if he doesn't have it he doesn't sleep!!! Such a nightmare because he likes to hide the llama and I can't find a replacement as it was given to him by my mil and was bought in Chile, do we spend sometimes hours looking for it while he screams!!!
    Toddlers are a bit of hard work and the age of 3 is not any better!!! Ds1 has such attitude which rubs off on ds2!! Man I got my work cut out for me

Thanks
    Reviews

Ouch that's a tough one! Dd has a dummy but only to go to sleep and now that she has just turned 3 we have told her she is a big girl now a d needs to give her dummy to Santa! Lol! She has agreed so we will see how that goes down!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Chocciequeen For This Useful Post:

Funchu  (07-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Chocciequeen View Post
    Ouch that's a tough one! Dd has a dummy but only to go to sleep and now that she has just turned 3 we have told her she is a big girl now a d needs to give her dummy to Santa! Lol! She has agreed so we will see how that goes down!
    That's a good idea I like it might do that next year