Closed Thread
Page 142 of 154 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 1537
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Graduates of TTC and not wanting to move!!!!

Yep what lil smurfy said. Pretend you don't know dates or go to a random medical centre and ask for a referral

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Graduates of TTC and not wanting to move!!!!

wow k17 that is a really long time to wait! Going public here in Canberra and getting an NT scan at 12 weeks, already booked for 19 Jan, and then the 20 wk one. Plus a 6 week one thru my Fs. I would be pushing for one.
    don't they routinely screen for downs there?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Graduates of TTC and not wanting to move!!!!

I already told him when my last period was so can't lie about the date, can't go to a different medical center and yeah they do bond girl but he is a "different" doctor so doesn't think there is any need to do a scan! He was also the one that wouldn't snip my sons toungue tie when I was having trouble breastfeeding and when I asked him today about affecting speach he said to wait until there was a problem!

Sent from my HTC One XL using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    k17 that really bites!! i am fortunate enough to be able to get a doctor that understands my worries and be able to go private, so i can have a viewing of my little bub/s every 4 weeks-ish!
    how old is your son? i dont like those doctors that say wait and see and by the time its an issue is non reversable

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh thats so nice Nila that you get to see bubs so often DS is nearly 14 months and currently making me question my parenting ability

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by k17 View Post
    oh thats so nice Nila that you get to see bubs so often DS is nearly 14 months and currently making me question my parenting ability
    I know how that feel...sometimes with my kids it's the same!!! They really keep you on your feet specially my 2 yr old he is such a busy little person its insane he touches and puts everything in his mouth so frustrating sometimes...
    Although it is nice to see bub so often it's still a little scary specially with this pregnancy as I have had on and off spotting so I have had 2 extra dating scans but I don't have my official appointment at the ob till the 18th!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by k17 View Post
    I already told him when my last period was so can't lie about the date, can't go to a different medical center and yeah they do bond girl but he is a "different" doctor so doesn't think there is any need to do a scan! He was also the one that wouldn't snip my sons toungue tie when I was having trouble breastfeeding and when I asked him today about affecting speach he said to wait until there was a problem!

Sent from my HTC One XL using BubHub
    I'm pretty sure by law they can't deny the 12 week scan to rule out downs otherwise u could sue the doctor if it happened to come out that way as he refused to do the referral! I am public and haven't had any problems with referrals and we only live in a small town.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    FelH I hope the cyst goes away for you soon. Glad your scan went well though and bub is measuring where it should be.

Choccie heat is unbearable, we are having above average temperatures and our aircon in the lounge is randomly leaking. Thankfully DP got me a tv for the bedroom so when its to hot I just go to bed early and watch tv in there with the aircon on. I hope your kankles improve soon.

J hope you are feeling less tender soon.

k17 that sucks about no scan. I don't like the sound of your doctor, is there noone else you can go to if you are unhappy?

AFM struggling with the heat, still exhausted and bbs hurt, and lots of food aversion mostly to do with smell. Counting down to next scan and then Christmas

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    K17...that doesn't sound right...you definitely should be offered a 12-week scan, as it is a Medicare-rebatable item. In a young healthy couple there is generally no need for an earlier scan (earlier than 12 weeks), unless you have bleeding or pain or a prior history of loss, but 12 weeks is certainly standard in Australia.
    Personally, I would push the issue with him.

Please don't feel like a "bad mother" re: your little boy...toddlers are an absolute handful, and at the end of the day, if he has your love he will be just fine!

Sounds like you are having a crappy day...but we are all here to offer support where we can
    J xx.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ToniS View Post
    FelH I hope the cyst goes away for you soon. Glad your scan went well though and bub is measuring where it should be.

Choccie heat is unbearable, we are having above average temperatures and our aircon in the lounge is randomly leaking. Thankfully DP got me a tv for the bedroom so when its to hot I just go to bed early and watch tv in there with the aircon on. I hope your kankles improve soon.

J hope you are feeling less tender soon.

k17 that sucks about no scan. I don't like the sound of your doctor, is there noone else you can go to if you are unhappy?

AFM struggling with the heat, still exhausted and bbs hurt, and lots of food aversion mostly to do with smell. Counting down to next scan and then Christmas
    Thanks Toni! But unfortunately the heat is not disappearing any time soon, has been in the mid to high 30's since July so it's going to get a lot worse over the next few months especially being cyclone season which brings more god dam humidity!