Closed Thread
Page 126 of 154 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 1537
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by button2012 View Post
    Hi everyone,

I had my 12w scan yesterday. I was 12w and 1d yesterday but bubs was measuring 4 days bigger.
    Mixed emotions really: The scan was great everything was normal and my nuchal thickness was 2.4 which apparently is higher end of normal but still normal.
    Then when they added my blood results in to the mix they said i have a high risk for down syndrome. 1 in 214. Im only 29 so it had nothing to do with my age either. The doctor said the high risk was due to the papp-A blood results - they were low - does anyone know what this even means? J?
    they have referred me to a place for a CVS or amnio so will call them monday to make an appointment.
    Im just so confused because i thought if your nuchal thickness was fine then it would be fine
    we were going to tell everyone yesterday about the pregnancy but we came home and just felt so flat that we havent told anyone yet.

anyone know anything about this???
    OK, few things...it is a COMBINED Screening Test, so nuchal thickness from ultrasound, blood results such as papp-A and bhCG levels, your age, your weight, your ethnicity are all inputted into an algorithm to generate a risk.

You cannot look at the bloods or nuchal thickness in isolation.
    You need an amniocentesis or CVS...that will give you a definite result. Extra added stress, but worth peace of mind. Plus, they can tell you with 100% accuracy whether boy or girl.

Does that help?
    J x.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by button2012 View Post
    another totally unimportant thing compared to the above: I said to the sonographer that we did not want to know the gender so she said ok i will tell u when we are going down to the btw legs and u can not look. i thought that was weird because its the 12 week scan why would i see anything. anyway - bubs did a spread legged thing at us and dh and I were convinced we saw a willy it was quite pronounced.. so i was annoyed that i found out what it was! not that it was a boy i dont care what it is i just didnt want to know! anyway my brother is a sonographer so i called him last night and told him and he said no it wouldnt have been the willy because even trained sonographers would have to have a really good look and it wouldnt be pronounced. how annoying!

anyone know anything about this?!!

(trying to take my mind off the depressing blood results and possible amnio!)
    Forgetting about the above, I had forgotten you wanted a surprise! At a 12 week scan, a really experienced Radiologist can have a guess if he gets a good view. Unless it's pointed out to you, I doubt you would have seen it. It's a flat white "rod" which tends to sit horizontally in girls, and vertically in boys. But, he admitted it's all for fun...they often get it wrong at 12 weeks. The 20 week scan is the most reliable.
    J.

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks J - I have booked in for a CVS on Monday - I rang them up today and said i was anxious so they rescheduled things for me! i should get the preliminary results on thursday and the full results after 10 days. feeling better but still feeling flat. pregnancy is one big rollercoaster

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Graduates of TTC and not wanting to move!!!!

Fx for our little bean, something I ate last night hasn't agreed with me and am having lots of cramping, I keep running to the toilet expecting to see blood but none so far

Sent from my HTC One XL using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Graduates of TTC and not wanting to move!!!!

Thanks for the lunch ideas mylittlesurprise!

K17- hp ur tummy cramps calm down soon

Button- gd luck with ur tests

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ChannyV For This Useful Post:

mylittlesurprise  (05-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

K17 I have had some pretty intense cramps since finding out I was pregnant. A lot of the time it's wind I think but it feels exactly like AF! And I've had a lot of pain from my corpus luteal cyst which is much bigger than it should be.
    Button I'm sorry about your results, I'm sure everything will be fine after your cvs on Monday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by k17 View Post
    Fx for our little bean, something I ate last night hasn't agreed with me and am having lots of cramping, I keep running to the toilet expecting to see blood but none so far

Sent from my HTC One XL using BubHub
    I hope you feel better soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Button I hope you get the results you are wanting and the wait goes quickly for you.

k17 I hope your cramping stops soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    They are in 2 columns because the first column is a collection from several years earlier, the second is your most recent.
    Your LFTs are totally normal! Perfect.
    As for the slight abnormality of creatinine and eGFR, it's very mild, and as you said, most probably due to your reduced fluid intake prior to the test.
    All good!
    You did test my eyesight though
    J.
    I wrote a whole big reply this morning which has disappeared, my battle with technology continues....
    Thank you so much J, I'm so relieved, you've probably saved me from giving myself a hernia.
    I'm such a worrywart
    But I feel so much better now, thank you
    Sorry about the eyesight test, I am so hit and miss with this kind of stuff.
    Hope you've been having a great weekend!
    Hope bub is being kind to you and the ms is fading away fast.
    Button good luck with the cvs on Monday, hope Thurs comes quick for you.
    K17 hope your cramps ease up quickly and you feel better in the morning.
    Hope everyone is doing well x

Thanks
    Reviews

K17 hope you feel better soon.
    I have been waiting to test again with my frer till this morning. AF was due Friday. Thankfully the result is much darker so I'm feeling more confident about having bloods do e tomorrow. :-) How long should the results take to come back? I can't remember.