+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Low lying placenta

Hello,
    I had my morphology scan 5 weeks ago, hubby read the report at the time and said it said everything was normal so I didn't think to read it (duh who can trust men lol). I had a midwife appointment today where she read the report and told me that I have a low lying placenta, and will need another scan at 32 weeks to see if it has moved up as bub and everything has grown. In almost 99% of cases it does move up, but if it doesn't I'll need a caesarean. Has anyone else had a low lying placenta and if so, how many of you went on to have a natural birth and how many had to have a c-section?

Thanks
    Reviews

I had the same thing =) mine was moved by the time I had the 32wk scan & went on to have a natural birth. Most of them do move around as the baby gets bigger

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes same here - was in a good position by 32 weeks Though and good to go for vaginal birth.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Low lying placenta

Mine didn't move

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

I only had it with my 4th and it moved by 32weeks but I have c/sections anyway

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I had low lying placenta at 20 week scan. By my next one at 24 weeks (I'm being monitored for other things) the placenta had moved a bit... By 28 weeks it was out of the way and all good. I was told that it was likely it would move as bub grows.

Thanks
    Reviews

Mine didn't move even though it was only borderline in terms of cut off for being considered 'low' my on said it wasn't worth the risk so I had a c section.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine was low for this bub but just had my 32 week scan on Tuesday and its moved , fingers crossed for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    For 1st preg it had moved by my 32 wk scan, I went on to have natural birth. For 2nd preg it was low lying at 20 wks, but due to other complications I had emerg ceaser at 30wks.. For my current preg, it was low lying at my 12wk scan, doesn't matter where it is during this pregnancy though as I've decided to have a ceaser..