+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Sore willy...?

Hi everyone,

I have a 2 1/2 year old boy who is autistic and seems to be complaining about his willy being sore. I'm not 100% sure, but he is uncomfortable around his willy region and he has had an infection before, only then his willy was really swollen and red. Now, it looks normal, but something is certainly upsetting him. He wasn't this upset last time.

I know most of you would say take him to the GP, however, they are likely to prescribe him anti-biotics, whether they know what it is or not. If any of you are aware anything autism, you will know anti-biotics can be a big no no with autistic kids. Some believe a childs autism can be caused or made worse by the anti-biotics, and with my Son, that is the case. Since being off all antibiotics and being on a special diet to rectify what the antibiotics did to his sensitive system, he has improved in leaps and bounds, and most of his autistic behaviour, is gone, (apart from not talking) So you could see my hesitation in giving him antibiotics. It could greatly reduce or even reverse all the months of hard work and all the improvment he has made. But given that, I don't want him to be sore or uncomfortable. What should I do?

Does anyone know of anything natural I could try?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    does he drink lots of water?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    oh, and a bi carb bath often helps my boy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If he is still in nappies let him run around naked for a while. I know thats a huge problem for my boys when in nappies. Just make sure its being washed well with just water and let it air. Hope that helps.