+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Recommendation for swimwear

Hi, I seem to be replacing my boys swimwear on a very regular basis. Nothing I've bought seems to last very long. Just wondering if anyone has purchased anything they could recommend?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    What brands have you tried. I only have girls but if i had a boy i would just buy boardies and a rashie if he needs to wear a shirt. With my girls swimmers I've found that their pumpkin patch rashie sets have lasted a lot longer then their target and milkshake (myer) ones.

Thanks
    Reviews

The only swim suit we have bought that has lasted more than one season is by a brand called rashbodz. They are aussie owned and made (I think?). We found them at a baby expo when Ds1 was a newborn, bought a size 1 suit and now DS2 is using it. Great designs and quite affordable for something that lasts so long!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi I've tried big w, best & less, target, pumpkin patch. I can't remember the other brands. I found the pumpkin patch all had the pictures stuck on them rather than a printed fabric (if that makes sense) and they would slowly peel off after a couple of washes so they just look ratty then after a while they stretched alot. I haven't tried milkshake. I can't say our Myer has a big range so I haven't even noticed the swimwear in that section. I might try there again.

Thanks
    Reviews

If your kids are regularly swimming in chlorine you can forget all the department or clothing store brands. Go to a sports or swimwear shop and get the "high chlorine resistant" ones. I just got an all-in-one style one for 16mth old DS and regular racer back style bathers for 4yr old DD and paid $110. Expensive yes, but the all-in-ones I bought for DD at 18mths fit her for over 2 years and are still fine (but fluro pink so DH won't have DS in them!). I bought dept store swimmers for DS to start lessons at 8mths (wanted him to be bigger before buying the expensive ones) and they barely lasted the term before starting to fade and stretch. If you can afford the initial outlay, get good ones.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

DS has a few quicksilver surf rashies that have lasted really well

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

mrswhitehouse  (18-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just tried looking up rashbodz and unless they're sold within small retail stores only they don't have anything online.
    I might have to bite the bullet and get them. I have bought marks and spencer online from uk in the past which are quite cheap but fantastic quality but I missed the season so they don't have any online at the moment.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by loving_life View Post
    I just tried looking up rashbodz and unless they're sold within small retail stores only they don't have anything online.
    I might have to bite the bullet and get them. I have bought marks and spencer online from uk in the past which are quite cheap but fantastic quality but I missed the season so they don't have any online at the moment.
    Oh dear they may have changed their name I'm sorry. I bought our ones a few years ago now. Sorry!

Thanks
    Reviews

It's Rashoodz!! Sorry again!! My memory is terrible.

Thanks
    Reviews

Just checked brand of DDs new bathers. It's Rival. Go the "Resist" line, not the "Basic". The Resist is the chlorine resistant. DH has the same brand rashie.