+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Today at the shops...

I always receive positive vibes from the general public I do use a breastfeeding shawl when feeding though (for myself rather than because I feel I have to)
    , does anyone notice a difference in reaction with or without one?
    Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub

2. The Following User Says Thank You to squirrelex For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (19-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Today at the shops...

I always try to give a big smile when I see a mum bfing - particularly when it's with a newbie. Nowadays mums need as much encouragement as we can get - and who best to get it from than other mums!

I'm still bfing my 16mo DS and he's just started finishing his feed, pulling my face down to his and kissing me just before he dozes off. It's the best fricken feeling.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Whitman For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (19-10-2012),squirrelex  (18-10-2012)

TimTamsandTea is offline ...if only all relationships were so perfectly sweet!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Well done, OP!
    Like you, I always received mixed responses when I breastfed in public.
    My breastfeeding journey ended rather abruptly a few weeks ago. I miss it like crazy and find myself looking at breastfeeding mums with a pang of envy.
    I smile as I pass breastfeeding mums because it reminds me of a beautiful time with my boys. I hope I don't creep anyone out for doing so!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TimTamsandTea For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (19-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Today at the shops...

I am always happy to see ladies nursing, especially in my little town.

Ds is breast fed, i fought hard to master it and then felt embarised when i was as more & more people i know stopped,

I only know one other mum who was still nursing when i was,

At 2 y 4 months i know no one irl still nursing and am under immense pressure to wean ds,

I never know if i *should * smile or whatever out of fear of freaking out or offending the mum, they probably think i'm embarrassed when they're nursing as i avoid looking so as to give them privacy

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

8. The Following User Says Thank You to intruderalert1234 For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (19-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelex View Post
    I always receive positive vibes from the general public I do use a breastfeeding shawl when feeding though (for myself rather than because I feel I have to)
    I always use a thin muslin wrap to cover myself so I don't know? I do feel slack to bub doing so though

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sarelou For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (19-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Melting Mayo View Post
    I always try to give a big smile when I see a mum bfing - particularly when it's with a newbie. Nowadays mums need as much encouragement as we can get - and who best to get it from than other mums!

I'm still bfing my 16mo DS and he's just started finishing his feed, pulling my face down to his and kissing me just before he dozes off. It's the best fricken feeling.
    Aww this is gorgeous!! My 4 week old has just occasionally started stroking my chest as she feeds, it's so lovely

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Sarelou For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (19-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Melting Mayo;
    Aww this is gorgeous!! My 4 week old has just occasionally started stroking my chest as she feeds, it's so lovely

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelex View Post
    Yesterday I didn't use one ( I use a muslin wrap) but generally I do use something (for me).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Melting Mayo View Post

That's so lovely

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby star View Post
    I am always happy to see ladies nursing, especially in my little town.

Ds is breast fed, i fought hard to master it and then felt embarised when i was as more & more people i know stopped,

I only know one other mum who was still nursing when i was,

At 2 y 4 months i know no one irl still nursing and am under immense pressure to wean ds,

I never know if i *should * smile or whatever out of fear of freaking out or offending the mum, they probably think i'm embarrassed when they're nursing as i avoid looking so as to give them privacy

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub
    I personally appreciate a smile!