+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Today at the shops...

4 1/2 week old DD (who is bf on demand as well as having 1-2 top up ffs/day)decided she was hungry, right then and there. So I sat down to feed her. An elderly lady came up to tell me we were just perfect, it was lovely to see a mother breastfeeding. She gave me a big smile and pretty much made my day! I never thought breastfeeding would be as important to me as it is, and this lady made me feel really good about my choice to bf. So good in fact, that when (not five minutes later) another woman stopped, mouth open, and pointed at me while speaking rapidly in another language with a look of horror on her face, I simply stared her in the eye and smiled at her until she went red and walked away.
    Our right to bf in public is protected by law so stuff em I say! B00bs out!

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (18-10-2012),IndigoJ  (18-10-2012),Luvmydogs  (19-10-2012),Mezmerised  (18-10-2012),mrswhitehouse  (18-10-2012),River Song  (18-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Go Atropos! So glad that you has this positive experience today and that it allowed you to shrug off the negative from the other woman!

I had a wonderful experience recently on regional qantas flight when flying with DS 18 months. The flight attended came to check that I had DS in the infant seatbelt thing ok just before take off. We had just began to have a BF before take off and she said said good to you for BFing. It felt so wonderful especially because I get a little self conscious feeding a child that actually walked into the plane.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MummyBic For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (18-10-2012)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awww

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (18-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by MummyBic View Post
    Go Atropos! So glad that you has this positive experience today and that it allowed you to shrug off the negative from the other woman!

I had a wonderful experience recently on regional qantas flight when flying with DS 18 months. The flight attended came to check that I had DS in the infant seatbelt thing ok just before take off. We had just began to have a BF before take off and she said said good to you for BFing. It felt so wonderful especially because I get a little self conscious feeding a child that actually walked into the plane.
    How nice is that. And non judgey!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Lovely thread
    I'm always wondering what response I will give the day someone dare say something rude to me for breastfeeding in public.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sarelou For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (18-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Sarelou View Post
    Lovely thread
    I'm always wondering what response I will give the day someone dare say something rude to me for breastfeeding in public.
    Hopefully it never happens

Thanks
    Reviews

I had DS2's school concert last night and took 3 week old DD along obviously. It came time for her to feed, which I was fine with and fully expected. It was darkish so no one could see anyway, but just as it goes quiet DD starts making sucking/slurping sounds and pulls herself off rather loudly. DH was laughing and I think everyone within 10 metres knew I was breast feeding. Lol they need to eat! I had no issues with it, and no one looked twice, except the lady next to me (who up until then wasn't even aware)
    She then got rather loud hiccups and I had to top her up to get rid of them.
    I don't show any of my breast while feeding, but I will always feed my baby wherever I am. I've never had anything but good comments or smiles.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to 5thbubontheway For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (18-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    for both the positive comment and for your ability to stare the other rude woman down. Good on you

I breastfed both of my babies in public until they were about 9 or 10 months old (and then they became babies that would have a drink, sit up and look around and then go back for another drink, so I stopped feeding in public because I really wasnt comfortable sitting there with my hand over my breast trying to keep it from being exposed to the world). Anyway, I never ever once noticed anyone giving me disapproving looks. Maybe they did and I didnt notice, cause I was too busy staring adoringly at my beautiful baby feeding away at the time.

Hopefully your experience continues to be a positive one.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to GirlsRock For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (18-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

5thbub- I love the bf sound effects! DD also makes a humming sort of sound which has led o DH calling her Baby Nomnoms!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by GirlsRock View Post
    for both the positive comment and for your ability to stare the other rude woman down. Good on you

I breastfed both of my babies in public until they were about 9 or 10 months old (and then they became babies that would have a drink, sit up and look around and then go back for another drink, so I stopped feeding in public because I really wasnt comfortable sitting there with my hand over my breast trying to keep it from being exposed to the world). Anyway, I never ever once noticed anyone giving me disapproving looks. Maybe they did and I didnt notice, cause I was too busy staring adoringly at my beautiful baby feeding away at the time.

Hopefully your experience continues to be a positive one.
    I'm careful to not be exposed, honestly I have seen more revealing clothing on other women! So far this has been my only negative experience aside from so e gawky blushing teen boys!