+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Having severe cramping this morning. Feels like period pain but about 5x worse. I'm using a heat pack which is helping when I'm sitting but if I get up to walk, im hunched over in pain. I had this about 2 and a half weeks ago and ended up crying till I fell asleep in a ball. It dissapeared after about 4 hours

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: advice please!

please go and see your doctor incase it is an eptopic pregnancy.
    Best of luck, I hope things turn out the way you want them to.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014

Default Re: advice please!

My levels were around 20 at 6 weeks with DS1. I was told I was most likely going to miscarry. He is now a happy healthy 4.5 year old.

Wishing you all the best xo

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I agree with bwana - if you're in pain please go see a doctor. They may be able to see something with an internal scan.

Where are you located? Do you have a women's hospital where you could go to the ER? After my first ectopic I bypassed by GP altogether and went straight to the ER as they knew what to look for. Where as GP's are happy to sit around and wait and tell you cramping is normal. Which it can be, but always better to be safe than sorry

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I'm currently in the hospital now. Have had a normal ultrasound that showed a empty womb so am having a vaginal ultrasound this afternoon to see where it is. But at this stage they are saying its eptopic. Could anyone give me any advice on what the treatment ism? Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wiwy View Post
    Hi ladies, I'm currently in the hospital now. Have had a normal ultrasound that showed a empty womb so am having a vaginal ultrasound this afternoon to see where it is. But at this stage they are saying its eptopic. Could anyone give me any advice on what the treatment ism? Thanks
    Oh my god I am so sorry

I have had two now and have gone through all the treatments. With #1 they tried methotrexate which is an injection which stops the growth of cells. It's meant to be quite efficient. With me it did nothing, my HCG levels kept rising so I had a 2nd injection (this sometimes happens)... the 2nd injection also didnt' work and my tube ruptured.

Methotrexate is a type of chemo drug, so you can't go in the sun for a few months, drink alcohol and honestly.... it's not pleasant. Some people have had good experiences though!!

The other option is surgery. They can go in, open the tube and remove the ectopic and sometimes still save the tube. However, sometimes the ectopic has caused problems an they may have to remove the whole tube.

I am so sorry you're going through this. Please ask the dr's to explain all your options in great detail. I was bullied into getting methotrexate and I honestly regret it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am so glad you went to the hospital. My younger sister almost died from an eptopic a couple of years ago, she was only 18, and had been going to the doctor for three weeks complaining of pain, but doctor could find anything wrong with her. Luckily my mum decided to get a second opinion, and she was rushed to hospital. She was told she would have died in a matter of hours if they hadn't got second opinion.
    I hope everything goes well for you. Good luck!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for the advice and well wishes. Just before the second ultrasound I have started to bleed, only lightly. They are beating around the bush a bit but have said its an ectopic of some sort. Am now just waiting for the gynecology section to decide wether I need surgery or medication. The surgery sounds pretty full on, they have me not eating incase. I am so so hungry, haven't eaten today. Hopefully I can go home soon. I actually feel okay. I was very bad when I first got here this morning because of the pain killers the ambos gave me so I havent had any since. Thank you all for giving me some advice as I'm a bit in the dark. I feel so sorry for my partner, I should of told him sooner but didn't wanna stress him out, which has kinda backfired lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for the advice and well wishes. Just before the second ultrasound I have started to bleed, only lightly. They are beating around the bush a bit but have said its an ectopic of some sort. Am now just waiting for the gynecology section to decide wether I need surgery or medication. The surgery sounds pretty full on, they have me not eating incase. I am so so hungry, haven't eaten today. Hopefully I can go home soon. I actually feel okay. I was very bad when I first got here this morning because of the pain killers the ambos gave me so I havent had any since. Thank you all for giving me some advice as I'm a bit in the dark. I feel so sorry for my partner, I should of told him sooner but didn't wanna stress him out, which has kinda backfired lol

Thanks
    Reviews

Default advice please!

How are you doing? xx