+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Anyone have a flu during their ivf cycle?

Hi everyone,

My partner and a number of work colleges have come down with the horrible flu that seems to be knocking people round! I woke up this morn feeling not so flash - temp, fever, runny nose and cough.

Not looking good!

I'm on day 7 of jabbing and have my scan/BT tomorrow.

Anyone had the flu during their cycle, and how did it turn out?

I know i'm allowed antibiotics etc if i need em. But grrr just wondering if the flu affects egg pick up/transfer and of course the outcome!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anyone have a flu during their ivf cycle?

Sorry to hear you have the flu! I had the flu with a frozen natural cycle, I actually was quite sick in the first week of the tww. I had a high temp, sweating, cough, aches etc. It is recommended to only use panadol, the flu didn't do any harm.. I'm currently 19 weeks pregnant. Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had a chest infection with one of my transfers. My FS wouldn't let me go ahead if i had a temp that was too high because she said it would be a waste of an embryo if i "cooked" it. I went on antibiotics and knocked it on the head. If today is day 7, i'd be resting, taking any drugs you need to feel better. You're temp should be down by the EPU so you should be ok. Good Luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow kmvw - congrats on the pregnancy! Glad to hear the flu never affected your outcome.

Today i woke feeling much better! I didn't need a doc appointment after all and am no where near as bad as my partner was - thank god, i was expecting the worst. In the end no flu just a sniffle lol. I am on enough supplements i would of been dishearted if i did get real sick!

When i rung my clinic to check about antibiotics they said they were fine as long as the flu/cold wasn't in the chest?
    Glad you got rid of your illness too clementine