+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I got a fine grrrr.
    I went to the voting booths on the day and asked to vote but i hadnt been changed onto the local list yet, and couldnt vote for my old town.
    So when i got the fine i wrote on the letter saying i had indeed called to update my details 6 months prior but apparently thats yet to be done, and sent it back saying im not paying Havent heard from them since

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Didn't vote and got a fine

I started this post and I forgot about it. I didn't realized how many responses.
    I ended up writing a letter stating I didn't know it was on and was busy moving.
    My car was getting fixed so was home and didn't see or hear anything about the local election.
    Where I live there is always council guys on the corner of the street.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Didn't vote and got a fine

I think it's a bit harsh for people to say " how could you possibly not know when to vote " we'll some people have busy lives and more important things to worry about! I've driven past the school on voting day, seen all the billboards and thought "uh oh I need to vote today", and still forgotten! I wouldn't want to pay $220 either it may not be a fortune but a lot of people don't just have loads of free cash lying around. I'd write a letter OP and see if you can get out of paying it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I didn't vote either...and no I don't live under a rock, I voted for the QLD one then they had another local election immediately afterwards, we're talking a few weeks there was another council election that I had no idea about and I didn't vote that one. What's worse is that I'm still registered as living in another town so my husband who is working away and living in that town got my fine and hasn't brought it home yet so I know I have a fine,I dont' know how to pay it and he keeps forgetting to bring it home and I keep forgetting to remind him

It's just BS if you ask me. I simply didn't know about the council one until sommeone asked if I'd voted and I'm like "huh? didn't we just have an election?" And they're like "This is the local one"...oh ugh! So yeh...I have a fine somewhere and have no idea what's going to happen if I don't pay it LOL Will have to pay it eventually I guess.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LivinOnAPrayer View Post
    I got a fine grrrr.
    I went to the voting booths on the day and asked to vote but i hadnt been changed onto the local list yet, and couldnt vote for my old town.
    So when i got the fine i wrote on the letter saying i had indeed called to update my details 6 months prior but apparently thats yet to be done, and sent it back saying im not paying Havent heard from them since
    Ooooh maybe I can do that!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I always vote in the state and federal elections, but am definitly grateful that WA's local council elections are voluntary....I believe SA and Tas local elections are also voluntary.