Closed Thread
Page 163 of 208 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 2074
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default TTC and not wanting to move #5

Quote Originally Posted by ChannyV View Post
    Sorry but does that mean nothing is wrong? Why would you be going to a fs then? I may have read it wrong
    Channy - I have no freaking idea!!! Don't think you read wrong... DH read up on PCOS and things relating to other symptoms other than infertility do ring true for me. So what I am going to do is:
    - look into the low GI diet
    - constantly DTD
    - and book into the FS and see what he thinks
    She te DH to get his sperm count done. On the way home, I told him to not do it if he didn't want to, but he wants to - such a good fella

I really don't know. She told me not to waste money on OPK's and to DTD regularly until I can see the FS... Which we do anyway!

I dunno....

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks Tormy and princess - not too concerned - might just go chat to the FS.
    Good to know princess that you are still AF regular with PCOS.... She is concerned that each cycle I go 5 days longer.... But DH and I will just keep on keeping on

Thanks
    Reviews
    MissX - hopefully the FS can give you some answers. I must be missing something as the report looks like it says you are normal?

Princess - how did they determine you have PCOS? I read that the one common symptom with all PCOS sufferers is that they have ovulation and menstrual irregularities? My cousin has just been diagnosed but she basically never ovulates or has a period. She is a size 8 and doesn't have any of the other symptoms. It really seems like a tricky thing for docs to determine. I sometimes think maybe I have developed it and thats could be why we are taking a while to conceive this time - but I rule it out as I am very regular and certain I am ovulating...

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by MissXamA View Post
    So.... I have 2 out of the 3 symptoms for having polycycstic ovaries, but my bloods show that everything is fine with no trace! Hmmm....
    My uterus is anteverted & of normal size (yay!) with endometrial thickness of 2mm early in cycle (stopped bleeding day before US).
    Right ovary measures 8cc & contains 11 small follicles of between 3mm and 6mm. Left ovary is bulky at 14cc and contains at least 14 small follicles. No adnexal mass or free fluid was detected.
    There is a comment stating ovarian appearances are consistent with PCO......

She has referred me to a FS, probably won't be able to get I until mid jan - ho hum...
    Hi missx, i was the same. polycystic ovaries are different to pcos. I was told I had pco but not the syndrome and eventually referred to a fs because further bloods revealed I wasn't ovulating. Fs put me on clomid and it made me ovulate.
    You are doing what you can at this stage and its great that DH is happy to get checked out (as unpleasant as it is for him). Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Mumsical View Post
    MissX - hopefully the FS can give you some answers. I must be missing something as the report looks like it says you are normal?

Princess - how did they determine you have PCOS? I read that the one common symptom with all PCOS sufferers is that they have ovulation and menstrual irregularities? My cousin has just been diagnosed but she basically never ovulates or has a period. She is a size 8 and doesn't have any of the other symptoms. It really seems like a tricky thing for docs to determine. I sometimes think maybe I have developed it and thats could be why we are taking a while to conceive this time - but I rule it out as I am very regular and certain I am ovulating...
    Don't think we are missing anything - I don't have regular cycles and the US said it looks like I have PCOS - but blood seems to be fine - who freaking knows! Like you said, just see what the FS says! Until then... Will keep DTD

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: TTC and not wanting to move #5

Quote Originally Posted by Mumsical View Post

I have all of the markers, other than not ovulating and having irregular cycles. So I'm overweight and have trouble losing weight, I have dark hair all over my body, I have polycystic appearance to my ovaries and I have too much testosterone hormone in my bloods. The fs said I'm lucky I ovulate and have regular cycles since I've had surgery once to 'quarterize' (I think that's the word) cysts they were so bad and I've had one burst twice. Might be worth getting checked for it if you are concerned, they can tell by doing the hormone levels in your blood if you have the syndrome version.

Thanks
    Reviews

Wow that sound rough princess glad that you ovulate fine though as surely thats a bonus? Is it something you just develop? Over the years ive had a few fertility BT and all come back fine....

I have lots of dark hair but i always have and so does Mum (plus i am very brunette) lol

I have had cysts on my ovaries before but they went away on their own

My weight goes up and down but only when i eat crap and i lose weight fast when i am good

Thanks
    Reviews

PrincessL we are very simular, clomid only worked once for me but off to a proper fs with frequent monitoring :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    I swear I can see a really really faint line on my FRER this morning! I had a really faint line on a cheapie last night which I put down to an evap but maybe not!! PLEAASSEEE let this be it. I wish it was tomorrow morning already lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Mumsical!!! Fx for u this morning