+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default NT scan dating

I've got different dates according to ultrasound and to my last period, and that's so confusing!
    Did anyone have similar situation?

My last period was 14th Aug, which means I'm at week 9 now, but I had an US on 5th of Oct and they saw it's only 5 weeks 6 days that time, so 7 weeks 3 days today, which is 1,5 weeks behind the "last period" timing.

I've booked an NT scan, and they told me I have to do it according to the US dates, not period, so they booked me on Nov 15th, but I'm still worrying about it - because of that difference with the period calculations, can it turn up I'm too late for the NT scan?

Or US calculations are more reliable than last period ones?
    Last edited by Irinko; 17-10-2012 at 21:40.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well for me my US date is more reliable (than the GP calculating due date on last period as she wouldn't listen to me).

I have a long luteal phase so I implanted 21 days after I ovulated, not the normal 10-14. She tried to tell me I would have a due date of 26.02.13 but I was adamant it would be the 02.03 or 03.03. The dating scan at 8 weeks (as estimated by GP) gave me a confirmed due date of 03.03.13 which means from my LP calc to dating scan there was a difference of 5 days.

Timeline...... LP 21/05 (9 day bleed), ovulated the 05.06, DTD 04, 05, 06, implanted 26/06. So had I ovulated late and therefore implanted later, my dates could easily have been wrong by more than just the 5 days.

Hope this helps explain that it is possible to differ, doesn't mean this is what happened to you but it was my experience.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you!
    I thought of longer cycle as a reason, I have 33 days and probably that's not getting into standard mid-cycle ovulation calculations

But I still not sure if that's ok with the NT scans timing - even when 2 people, my GP and hospital staff, told me

Just fell I'll be really dissapointed if I come there and they'll tell me it's too late to see that things which should be visible only until week 13...

Thanks
    Reviews
    If it's any help the ultrasound dude I see (been doing it for 20 plus years) advised (and the lady that did mine confirmed) 12w5d-13w5d is the 'ideal' window but a week either side of that apparently doesn't make any major difference.

I'm sure you will be fine and your dating scan really is more accurate