+ Reply to Thread
    Squeegee is offline Wanting to add a new squeegee to the family
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Feeling deflated... Vent warning

I am 28 weeks pregnant after 7 years of trying and I am finally adjusting to the whole being pregnant thing. I am also starting to get excited about meeting little person when they are born...

However, when I posted that i am starting to adjust and getting excited on FB, my MIL starts going on about how this ones a boy and why can't we just tell her if she's right or wrong and how that I am carrying low just like she did with her boys and how her SIL carried her girl high and her boy low and....

Firstly, we don't know the gender. We tried to find out but couldn't Second, I know she is desperate for a boy....but this is MY baby...she has 2 boys...I married one! FFS.

I don't care whether it is a boy or a girl but serious SHUT UP woman!! Talk about ruin my happy mood....had to delete status before I said something I shouldn't....now feel like I can't post anything

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Ignore her, enjoy your squishy one...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Change your settings so she can't see your status updates.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DarcyJ For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (17-10-2012),Squeegee  (17-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Feeling deflated... Vent warning

ignore her sweets you have every right to be in a great mood :-) when ya post things click little settings thing on the status and just block her from seeing it :-) I do that all the time (mainly work people when I'm on fb at work hahaha)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mylittlesurprise For This Useful Post:

Squeegee  (17-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mylittlesurprise View Post
    ignore her sweets you have every right to be in a great mood :-) when ya post things click little settings thing on the status and just block her from seeing it :-) I do that all the time (mainly work people when I'm on fb at work hahaha)

If I customise my status and leave her out of it...can she see it if hubby comments on it?? You know that old notification thing of _______Squeegee just commented on a status.

Thanks
    Reviews

no if she is blocked she can't see status or any comments on it as far as i am aware test it with someone else :-)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mylittlesurprise For This Useful Post:

Squeegee  (18-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Feeling deflated... Vent warning

I saw a funny hacked status once where someone wrote on a pregnant ladies wall, "Just had some fantastic surprise news, it's twins".

Maybe do that, pretend you've been hacked for a couple of hours and don't answer your phone. Oh and tell DH so he doesn't have a coronary!!

I'm a bit sadistic though and it might cheer me up to laugh at her expense.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sweetpeamummy For This Useful Post:

mylittlesurprise  (17-10-2012),Squeegee  (18-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

lol that sounds like fun :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi OP,

Don't worry about her, thats what MILs are for. I get on reasonably well with mine, but the other day, we told her that we were not finding out the sex and she went on to say how we should and just let others know because that is the responsible thing to do. WTF. After I told her that won't be happening she said, i guess I'm ok with that. Again WTF, I don't care if she is ok with that. Then I didn't want to discuss names with her (she's very oppinionated) and this was a huge drama.

We had a chat about hypno/calm birthing the other day.... she tried to convince me that I was delusional. needless to say we won't be talking about that anymore.

Hope you don't stay down for long. Remember, MILs are wonderful....when you learn to ignore them .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by April13 View Post
    Hi OP,

Don't worry about her, thats what MILs are for. I get on reasonably well with mine, but the other day, we told her that we were not finding out the sex and she went on to say how we should and just let others know because that is the responsible thing to do. WTF. After I told her that won't be happening she said, i guess I'm ok with that. Again WTF, I don't care if she is ok with that. Then I didn't want to discuss names with her (she's very oppinionated) and this was a huge drama.

We had a chat about hypno/calm birthing the other day.... she tried to convince me that I was delusional. needless to say we won't be talking about that anymore.

Hope you don't stay down for long. Remember, MILs are wonderful....when you learn to ignore them .

You are one wise woman Thanks for the encouragement. I have noted your suggestions