+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsOhara View Post
    I've lived in 3 houses with dishwashers and TBH I find it so much easier and quicker to not use them. DF and I just wash and dry them by hand.
    This exactly

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Do I need a dishwasher?

Well, if we're being serious... No you don't NEED.

It's a want.

Thanks
    Reviews

I've had a dishwasher, and all it did was create more work, and dripped water all over when I was emptying the dishes (water sitting in nooks and crannies)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Do I need a dishwasher?

I love mine I put everything in it, and its handled it all really well (I probably would hand wash a piping bag though). I don't rinse anything either, it's a waste of water (and I've only had to rewash a few really filthy things).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week

Quote Originally Posted by Barefooted&Pregnant View Post
    Electric Fry pan Yes. As long as the contacts are dry when you plug in/ turn on it's A-ok, I checked with Manufacturer.. it had a dirty old cloth covered Cord I would love to replace but Manufacturer are amazed it still works.

Pipping bags NO. the tips & collars yes not bags. Bags, unfinished wooden items, rolling pins & cake tins are hand wash only. Annoying but I kinda soak it all and do it maybe once a week.. i try to avoid using those things.

I was so overjoyed when I was advised Silicone bakeware & oven mits can go in there I tossed it all in at once.
    Wow. I must try it with mine one day in that case.

I know cake tins are meant to be hand washed. Do you know why that is?

Sent from my magical black talky thingy using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Once we got our Bosch dishwasher it became indispensable! Definitely worth getting it! But take care of it and it will serve you well, abuse it and it will give you hell. I wouldn't chuck un scrapped dishes in, and cake tons I did just not seriously dirtied ones, mixing bowls I use paper towels to wipe off mixture first. We don't rinse our dirty dishes before putting them. We also use the cleaner regularly to make sure it is maintained properly.
    Last edited by Mom2TwoDSs; 17-10-2012 at 22:37.

BarefootedMumma is offline Aiming to be in the top 10 busiest users one week.
    Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Happy2be3 View Post
    I've had a dishwasher, and all it did was create more work, and dripped water all over when I was emptying the dishes (water sitting in nooks and crannies)
    That is a result of incorrect stacking.. I know every new dishwasher I get it takes a while to learn how it likes to be stacked.

Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    Wow. I must try it with mine one day in that case.

I know cake tins are meant to be hand washed. Do you know why that is?

Sent from my magical black talky thingy using BubHub
    The anodising treatment on the metal. It rusts, dis colours, and dents easier. I can't remember the proper words I will need to ask mummy in the morning. Lol

My mum got a dishwasher as a third baby present. I was number 4 so I know their tricks and how to treat them. I have had a friend ask me how to treat hers and loves it instead of hating it.

I did learn to hand wash but that was at guides & between washers... some are just bad. Fisher & Pykell break irreparabley just after warranty expires. Had an ex service man tell us they were made that way.

Only brand I would recommend above my new bosh ( Recommended by family) was Kleenmaid.. now replaced by GE now I think.
    XOOMing in to the hub from the couch

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ooh great thread. I've never had a dishie! But am saving up for one now and hope it have it installed before Baby #2 arrives - bliss! Hate, hate, hate washing up by hand, I cook 3 meals a day most days and that is a lot of mess...
    I think I'll go with Bosch. So tired of appliances breaking in 12 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Do I need a dishwasher?

Hey ladies I got one!!! I got a Bosch!

They didn't have the one with the cutlery draw in stock so I got the other one without it. I think is was $1000 and the guy threw in a few bits and pieces because they didn't have the one I wanted.

I'm not too fussed though because it does have cutlery stand things on the top so I don't have to use the basket of I don't want too.

YAY!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't have a dishwasher.

We had one in the other house, it was great then as we were much more disorganised than we are now!

Now that we are organised housework wise, I don't really miss having one. We don't have room for one in this kitchen unless we renovate and remodel it anyway. If we were to do that, would I get a dishwasher? Probably.