+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Advice with cleaning baby girls nappy

I have two boys and a two week old girl. I know it sounds stupid , after all I'm a girl ..... But just how much cleaning of the nappy area do I do ? My husband reckons just a wipe over but I've seen her wee laying down and I think she needs a rinse each change with wet cotton wool . She crys though if I do this and she still has some birth vernix ?? White stuff around the inside .
    How do I know if she has an infection? Boys it's so easy. I'm worried she may be sore ..... Mums of girls help!!!! If I had had girls first I don't think I would be over thinking this , just want her comfortable .

Thanks ladies..... I feel a bit stupid but I honestly don't know if you clean inside too ?

Thanks
    Reviews

Just wipe front to back with a wet wipe. Make sure all poo is kept away from her vagina. Some white stuff will always be inside the flaps it help keep away infection. You will do fine

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Shaz2184 For This Useful Post:

babynomad  (17-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks!! So hubby was right..... Damn!! Thank you , really was puzzled and confused.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Yep, what Shaz said. I had a DS first and it does take some getting used to!! Well it did me anyway. But after a while you just do what you do for each of them and don't even think about it

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

babynomad  (17-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

The labia can be fused this early on so I wouldn't go poking around or trying to separate anything for a clean, as it may cause her pain. if she does a messy pooh, I'd give her a quick bath rather than wiping too much. I had a girl (first of the family of 4 nephews!) so was a bit of a learning curve for me too! Good luck, girls are awesome!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsoptomistic For This Useful Post:

babynomad  (17-10-2012)