+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger

Default Baby swing/ rocker/ bouncer recs

My brother and SIL have offered to buy us a swing/ rocker type thing for our first baby. They said we should just tell them which one we want and they'll get it for us. I obviously don't want to request something ridiculously expensive and also have a small home so not much space. I've been so busy reading recs for car seats and prams etc that I don't know much about swings and bouncers, I don't even know if those are the same thing. Any recs would be appreciated

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope I'm not too late here! Both the swing and bouncer we have for DD are from the Bright Starts range, available from Target and KMart.

This is our bouncer: http://shop.target.com.au/bright-sta...n-tale-bouncer. It's great but at 15 weeks she is almost getting a little big for it. My mum has this one: http://shop.kmart.com.au/product/sun...bouncer/119168 which is a little roomier, and DD likes playing with those toys better too as she can look down on them. In the other one she has to look up at them. Basically a bouncer will just move with their movement. Some of them vibrate and some of them play music, but it's just a bouncy seat basically . Having said that, I couldn't live without mine. DD is in it every day!

We have a Bright Starts swing too, another product I just love! Swings / rockers are battery operated which means you just switch them on and bub swings away happily without you having to push it. I don't think our exact model is available anymore but it looks a bit like this: http://www.productreview.com.au/p/br...ble-swing.html. It plays the most beautiful lullaby music and always calms DD down when she's grumpy. Sometimes I even just turn the music on in her room if she's being particularly hard to get to sleep You can get some super expensive swings with all the bells and whistles but the Bright Starts ones have been great for us!

Thanks
    Reviews
    there are soooo many swings and bouncers on the market that it boggles the mind but I settled on the Bright starts blossomy blooms portable swing. I bought mine from Deals Direct. Very easy to put together and my daughter loves it. we have used from when we came home from the hospital. I paid $80 from memory. It is a very pretty pink swing

I plan on buying her a Jumperoo from Target next time they are on special as they are a bit expensive at $249.00.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Baby swing/ rocker/ bouncer recs

we had The First Years gentle glider from toys r us and it was a life saver for the first six months .

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Thanks so much for the recs!

Thanks
    Reviews

I need help with this too. So confused of which to purchase!!

Thanks
    Reviews

We have the Bright Starts bouncer and swing as well. Love both

Thanks
    Reviews
    anyone got this model?

Bright Starts Shiloh Ingenuity Auto Bouncer
    http://www.toysrus.com.au/bright-sta...r/w1/i1670094/

Thanks
    Reviews

I have tried quite a few different rockers, swings and bouncers and by far the best one we have is the Baby Bjorn Babysitter Balance (we have the mesh one). It is really expensive, I got ours on sale for $199, but is sooooo much better than the others we have that I have never regretted spending the money. I wish I had just bitten the bullet and gotten this one first instead of wasting money on cheaper things that don't last long. One of the problems with rockers, swings and bouncers is that they have a very limited lifespan, with upper weight limits of about 9kg, but the Baby Bjorn converts to a toddler chair by removing the harness, so you can use it up until bub is about 2 or so. It is also really good quality, so I do believe it will last that long with daily use.

It wasn't the weight that was the problem with my LO, it was his size and extreme wrigglyness he just never seemed comfortable in the other swings and rockers after about 3 months, as a lot of them are either bucket shaped so he outgrew them really fast, or so flat that he could flip or wriggle out really easily unless he was tightly strapped in, which he hated and was a pain if I needed somewhere to pop him in quickly. The other issue is that a lot of products are big and heavy and awkward and so hard to move around the house.

The Baby Bjorn bouncer is really light and easy to move around, it folds completely flat so is easy to store and throw in the car, and there are three heights, one that is flat for sleeping and newborns, one that is sitting right up straight (great for reflux) and one that is half way between the two. It doesn't have a 5 point harness, you sort of slip bub into it, which is really easy and convenient, and my super wriggly Houdini is really secure, there is no way he could work his way out. I feel he is safer in the Bjorn than any of the other similar things I have tried as he can't roll or twist very much.

It is very simple, no batteries or anything, so doesn't entertain bub like many other swings and rockers do, but we just clip toys onto the harness and that keeps him happy. You can buy a toy frame that goes on it if you want, though. It is very bouncy and easy to bounce gently with your foot to soothe a sleepy baby. It's so easy to move around the house and takes up so little space that it is really easy to pop him in it in the bathroom while I have a shower and then carry baby in one hand and bouncer in the other to set him up somewhere else in the house.

So the short version is I love our Baby Bjorn bouncer, while initial outlay seems high, it will last heaps longer than the other similar things on the market and is more versatile, as it's easier to store and move around than anything else I have tried.

What a lovely thought for your rellies to offer to get you a swing/rocker. All the best with your little one.