+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Men swearing in front of women

Does anyone else know of men who apologise when they swear infront of you? I have had it quite a few times through my adult life. always have a little giggle. Normally just older men but serval times its been men my age. I didnt think men cared about it these days, so when it happens I just have a giggle to myself and tell them not to worry.
    Anyone else??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Errr... no.

Not sure what difference they think there is between male and female ears? As far as I knew the anatomical differences between males and females was in a completely different part of the body...

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Lots of people! My other half says sorry if he drops the f bomb. He doesn't say the c word (which is good as I would crack it massively if he did). But yeah he apologises he doesn't swear much.

I know a lot of older men who apologise. But I also know a lot that don't swear.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I love it when men do that! I think it's so cute. I don't mind people swearing (unless there is kids around) but always find it really sweet when they say sorry!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mrswhitehouse For This Useful Post:

Cleigh  (17-10-2012)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Re: Men swearing in front of women

Yeah I hear it from older men sometimes. But the person who I hear it most from is my female boss. she has a terrible potty mouth and we have all picked up her bad habits. Makes it a bit awkward when someone from another branch works in our office for the day, we all have to keep our mouths shut!

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know a couple of guys who feel they shouldn't swear in front of women. But, they also tend to be the guys who think that men should always pay for a woman's drinks when they go out, and believe in the 'traditional' roles of men as breadwinner and women as SAHM. I think generally when men move on from believing in those types of stereotypes they begin to realise that women wont crumble into an hysterical mess if they hear a swear word.
    Last edited by Meg2; 17-10-2012 at 16:24. Reason: clarity

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Meg2 For This Useful Post:

Cleigh  (17-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Yea as I don't like anyone swearing in front of me.

Swearing in my house is banned.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (17-10-2012)

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    I lived in teh UK for 8 years and it was very common for middle age to older men to do that (even younger men often did that), especially where I lived which was the northern part of England. I got quite used to it to the point where I expected it. A couple of days after returning to Australia I was in a supermarket very close to some young men who were swearing profusely. I stopped for a moment a little shocked and looked at them expecting one of them to turn to me and say "sorry" or "excuse us" and was even more shocked when NONE OF THEM DID! It was a case of reverse culture shock.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

Cleigh  (17-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

DF does when he's having a rant and swearing whilst doing so but if we're just having a normal conversation and one of us drops a few neither of us really even notice.
    We both have bad potty mouths though :-/

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Men swearing in front of women

Yeah I've known people to do this, older men, workmates (very straight work mates lol) but the funniest was one of dh's biker mates, big hairy scary looking dude at a bike rally in the middle of nowhere... I'm in boots & fleece necking wine from a bottle while he's apologising for swearing in front of a lady ha ha