+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default The Christmas Ideas Thread 2012

Quote Originally Posted by kezanazz View Post
    We went to Kmart and got a whole heap of the paint-your-own-mugs.
    They were $3 each and each grandparent and great grandparent will get one that dd has decorated for them.

The kids are going to get some home made play dough that I will make and put in plastic tubs and decorate.
    Were these in the Christmas section?

Thanks
    Reviews

I have heaps and heaps of ideas (like nearly 100) pinned on Pinterest with cheap Christmas presents to make and Christmas cooking ideas (eg. Baileys fudge, peppermint bark, body scrubs) pm me if you would like to follow my boards to get some ideas. Not sure how much of it I will be doing this year as I'm due the 27th of December

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by jojo456 View Post
    I have some homemade vanilla essence brewing in the cupboard for divvy-ing up for Christmas presents. I bought the cheapest vodka I could find (was under $30) and added about 10-12 halved vanilla beans. I bought the beans in bulk online, so much cheaper than the shops. Leave it in your pantry and shake every week. In three months, give or take, it's ready

I'm planning on finding some cheap 100ml bottles to divide the essence into and voila, 7 Christmas presents!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub
    I second this. I found the vanilla beans I bought on eBay much nicer than the ones in the shop as well. I made them for Xmas last year. I also made limoncello that worked out really well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

Default Re: The Christmas Ideas Thread 2012

Quote Originally Posted by RachHasArrived View Post
    I second this. I found the vanilla beans I bought on eBay much nicer than the ones in the shop as well. I made them for Xmas last year. I also made limoncello that worked out really well
    Even better if you can get some organic vanilla beans.. The flavour is far more intense then your regular store bought ones. I use to use them to make kahlua.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I really want to have a go at making little fairy garden kits and gnome garden kits for neices/nephews this xmas. I have googled some ideas, I just need some boxes, figurines, pebbles, maybe make some little fairy/gnome doors...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cub View Post
    I really want to have a go at making little fairy garden kits and gnome garden kits for neices/nephews this xmas. I have googled some ideas, I just need some boxes, figurines, pebbles, maybe make some little fairy/gnome doors...
    What a beautiful idea! I want to make a fairy garden for DD now!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by bubbabailey View Post
    Were these in the Christmas section?
    Nope, in the toys section with the DIY kids craft

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by kezanazz View Post
    Nope, in the toys section with the DIY kids craft

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm subscribing as well.... Sooo many great ideas..I'll add these ideas too
    I've been keeping my glass jars, have brought glass paint & will get the kids to paint them buy simple tapper candles and ta dah.. Candle holder, might also fill the jar with rocks or sand to hold in the candle..
    With lemons .. Lemon slice is always a favourite .. I freeze mine & it's super easy to make .. I put it in Chinese containers that the kids decorated with Xmas Ribbon & stickers

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: The Christmas Ideas Thread 2012

Subbing! We're hosting the family Christmas this year so I want to pretty the place up haven't started planning yet though...