+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default The Christmas Ideas Thread 2012

Quote Originally Posted by bubbabailey View Post
    Ooooo Christmassy coutions or coution covers ok and snow man ballbauls I made those as a gift.
    What are coutions??

Eta: do you mean cushions?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to babycart For This Useful Post:

Aka  (19-10-2012),Alexander Beetle  (18-10-2012),MothersMilk  (18-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hmm lemon curd sounds great - might make some for mum. Lots of my family are interstate so some little things I can make & post will be a goer. I have beds full of garlic ready to pick in several weeks, I think I'll pickle garlic for FIL. Biscuits for MIL? We will be starting a new family tradition where we go to a nursery, pick out a tree together to bring indoors to decorate with edible stuff and homemade decorations, then plant out in the garden in the new year.
    Handmade cards too, picked up some scrab booky stuff yesterday for them.
    Ooh and we have two fat little piggies outside in the paddock just waiting to become free range ham... *drool*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I love this thread, I love Christmas!

I am going to make my girls advent calendars this year. I saw it on Martha Stewart. You use old (or new if you want the colours to match) baby socks and use craft pegs to hand them from a ribbon so they look like little stockings. One for each day. I found 50 old baby socks that were too small or didnt have partners so will use those. Just need to buy some wee things to put in them

Also have made some candles in tea cups (also Martha Stewart). Just found some pretty old tea cups from the op shop and filled them with candles. They look really good

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subscribing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Subscribing!

What can you do with preserved lemons? We have a prolific lemon tree, and I always end up giving them away as I don't know what to do with them!

Same for our lime tree...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Girl X View Post
    Subscribing!

What can you do with preserved lemons? We have a prolific lemon tree, and I always end up giving them away as I don't know what to do with them!

Lemon spread, put it in some jars, print out some gorgeous labels on the computer to label paper, add a pretty ribbon, then send me some please.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

BornToBe  (18-10-2012),Guest654  (18-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Girl X View Post
    Subscribing!

Lemon butter or limoncello would make awesome gifts!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Just*Ace For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (18-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Subbing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cealz View Post
    Oh I love this thread, I love Christmas!

I am going to make my girls advent calendars this year. I saw it on Martha Stewart. You use old (or new if you want the colours to match) baby socks and use craft pegs to hand them from a ribbon so they look like little stockings. One for each day. I found 50 old baby socks that were too small or didnt have partners so will use those. Just need to buy some wee things to put in them

Also have made some candles in tea cups (also Martha Stewart). Just found some pretty old tea cups from the op shop and filled them with candles. They look really good
    That sounds so cool. There's my craft project for the next few weeks The girls have a little wooden advent calendar the kaiser craft one but i really don't like it. there isn't much you can fit in the tiny box apart from a chocolate and i made my own calendar to get away from the choccies lol

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Love the sock idea, I want to make something more permanent though...and I would end up buying Christmas material so I had pretty Christmas socks!