+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Which sleeping bag for use in Qld summer for 7mth old?

My 7mth old DD has been moving all around her cot during the night. Getting legs stuck through bars while on tummy etc... She is no longer wrapped just has a sheet/blankets. I'm a bit worried as she could get caught in the blankets.

So going to try a sleeping bag arrangement & scrap the blankets for now. Hoping it will help keep those legs in as well!

What are your recommendations for a bag that would be suitable for Qld summer sleeping?

The room can be 25+degrees some nights in summer. So it would need to be light, say 0.5tog or less. I know grobag do a 0.5 tog but are there others that do a lighter one?

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've never seen less than a 0.5 tog. Could you use a fan to cool the room? 25c is very hot!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I haven't seen less than 0.5. Either. I haven't used my sleeping bags yet (bub due soon) but because of hot summers in qld I got them made. Can you or someone you know sew?? I bought one, then some light cottons just like sheets and my mum made me some really light ones. So I guess they are less than 0.5 tog.
    Have you looked on etsy? Much cheaper than grobags too.
    The sleeping bags were seriously easy to make.

Thanks
    Reviews

I recommend Bambino Merino bags, suitable for all weather. They are pricey but they will last you from small baby to 2yrs and all seasons. You just alter what they are wearing underneath. If the room they are in is 30degrees just have them in a nappy and the bag. If room is 16degrees then singlet, merino wool long sleeved suit and long pjs or onesie and the bag.

I have pasted their website but you could try eBay for a second hand one too.

http://www.bambinomerino.com.au/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by darla87 View Post
    I've never seen less than a 0.5 tog. Could you use a fan to cool the room? 25c is very hot!
    Yes there is a ceiling fan in the room. But no aircon in this place. It gets pretty hot in qld!! Not much you can do about that lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Target has some lightweight ones. We alt between a polar fleece one for spring and a cotton one for the middle of summer days. I also adapted an old pillowcase for those 35+ days.

I just made my 4mth old one from an old flannel pillowcase that smells like me.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

Snooze  (17-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Snooze View Post
    Yes there is a ceiling fan in the room. But no aircon in this place. It gets pretty hot in qld!! Not much you can do about that lol
    Sorry I didn't mean to come across patronising

Thanks
    Reviews

Grobags do different 0.5's. Some have a light fleecy layer, others are just cotton.

According to their guide, at 25 degrees, a 0.5 is ok with just a short sleeve bodysuit.

You can usually get them cheap on eBay - either new or 2nd hand. There are a few UK sellers and they are new, cheaper than here and I've always been happy with mine!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just bought DD a breathable cot bumper to stop her hitting her head on the cot bars. We are in qld too so when it is really hot she can sleep in just a light suit and no sleeping bag. I know bumpers aren't really recommended cause of sids but she is 12mths and a sleeping bag doesn't always stop her crawling / rolling around.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: Which sleeping bag for use in Qld summer for 7mth old?

I need something like this. Just put my 7 month d down in a 2.5 tog naked with the fan on full because she wedges her fat legs through the bars. Lol.

I was going to look on eBay.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub