+ Reply to Thread
    rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default International parcel question

Hi, hope someone can help me.

What happens to an international parcel if it arrives and no one is home? Does the delivery company leave a slip? I live in an apartment and work, so it can't be left on the doorstep...

TIA!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Depends on the company, sometimes they have left it on my doorstep, others have left a card and I have to go get it at the post office - I would think in a unit block they would leave a card?

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: International parcel question

Usually for us it's a card. With couriers you can call and make arrangements for re-delivery out pickup from the depot (but they might only hold it a couple of days before returning it to sender so be sure to call them quickly) . With aust post you can pick up at the post office or one of their new hubs (which are open after hours) or I think you can have it forwarded to a po near you (it's been a while since I did that).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yup, they'll leave a card in your post box if you don't answer and there's nowhere safe for them to leave it. If it's a courier you'll have to arrange for them to deliver when you're home or pick it up.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    If you know your not going to be home you can ask them to hold it at your local depot, will save them carding you and you having to wait for the driver to take it back or the hassle of redelivery.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My MIL delivers for Australia post. If it is International your meant to sign for it, so if your not home they are meant to leave a drop card Otherwise they aren't insured.

Once she forgot to leave a drop card and had to pay for someones $500 dress Even though Aus post only covers your postage for $50!!! Ridiculous. The dogs chewed this ladys dress so regardless of her leaving that piece of paper her dress would of been ruined and only recieved $50 lol.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews

Cool. For some reason they never ring the buzzer! DP is quite often home during the day but just wanted to make sure my pretty doesn't get lost so close to home.