+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Renesme View Post
    Well to be honest if he is working long hours to support you and the family then I think you shouldn't be mentioning how tired you are or whatever especially if you regularly get lots more sleep than him!!
    Ohhh no - I can't agree with this.

In a relationship both parties should be able to sound off and support each other. I would hate to be in a relationship where I felt that I couldn't mention how upset I was/ tired I was because my husband worked long hours?!!

To my mind, if he works long hours then he has every right to complain about how tired he is. And if his partner is tired after a day with the children, then she has every right to complain about how tired she is too.

Both are important jobs in terms of supporting and developing the family. One is not more important than the other. In that set-up both parties are splitting duties to ensure the family is supported. Both can complain as much as they like, and both can (or should) support each other as much as they can.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (17-10-2012),peanutmonkey  (17-10-2012),SoThisIsLove  (17-10-2012),Theophania  (17-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Does your partner get cranky...

Well to be honest if he is working long hours to support you and the family then I think you shouldn't be mentioning how tired you are or whatever especially if you regularly get lots more sleep than him!!
    I've found it's a different kind of tired though much like a tired office worker and a tired labourer. Both are tired at the end if the day but just because an office worker hasn't been as physically active as say, a bricklayer doesn't mean the office worker shouldn't complain how tired he us to a brickie

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Quote Originally Posted by Theophania View Post
    Or he could stop being a sook and start respecting what his wife already does at home...
    Respect and understanding goes both ways. Why does the husband have to bend over and pray to the wife every day if the wife doesn't even have to try and understand the pressures the husband is under?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

I agree.

Theophania is offline 'see what had happened was..there were these three ninjas and a blue monkey and well it really wasn't my fault..'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Respect and understanding goes both ways. Why does the husband have to bend over and pray to the wife every day if the wife doesn't even have to try and understand the pressures the husband is under?
    I would never say that a husband has to 'bend over and pray to the wife everyday' But there is no excuse for a partner in a relationship to be disrespectful and rude, no matter how tired they are. I also never said the wife doesn't need to understand a husbands stress, but is should be something that is discussed and shared not shown by someone stomping around slamming doors at 5 am and saying hurtful little comments...

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Theophania For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (17-10-2012),missie_mackxxxx  (18-10-2012)

Theophania is offline 'see what had happened was..there were these three ninjas and a blue monkey and well it really wasn't my fault..'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow really. I didn't realise when I had children it meant I had to become a mute servant to my husband... Funny thing is I am stilla person I still get tired and I still have stress and I would be pretty ****ed off if my husband expected me to just get on with it because 'he supports me'....

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Theophania For This Useful Post:

missie_mackxxxx  (18-10-2012),peanutmonkey  (17-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

My husband would never say that!

I leave him alone with the kids occasionally on a Sunday afternoon/evening whilst I go to the movies or out with friends. Those few hours show him how difficult two kids can be. Sometimes I even go away for the night on a Saturday. I think he's grateful for work the next day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:

Wow really. I didn't realise when I had children it meant I had to become a mute servant to my husband... Funny thing is I am stilla person I still get tired and I still have stress and I would be pretty ****ed off if my husband expected me to just get on with it because 'he supports me'....
    I think you skipped over the last past of Renesme's post where she said especially of you regularly get more sleep. If someone (man or woman) regularly gets more sleep and then acts as though the other person doesn't have a right to complain then that's wrong.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:

I would never say that a husband has to 'bend over and pray to the wife everyday' But there is no excuse for a partner in a relationship to be disrespectful and rude, no matter how tired they are. I also never said the wife doesn't need to understand a husbands stress, but is should be something that is discussed and shared not shown by someone stomping around slamming doors at 5 am and saying hurtful little comments...
    Points taken and I sort of agree. But stress can cause a man/women to do things they arent proud of upon reflection..

Thanks
    Reviews
    DF never complains about lack of sleep. Though he has just left a job where he was getting up at 430am and not he gets up at 7am so he is very happy with that! Even when he was up at 430am six days a week he never complained.
    If he did walk around slamming doors id be telling to grow up!