+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DH does creep around in the morning, mainly because he doesn't want to deal with the kids before he goes so wants to be quiet - he does leave at 6am so I don't complain as I don't want the kids up that early LOL.

He's not very good at always understanding that whilst I only work 3 days a week the running around after kids etc is just as tiring as 5 days but generally we give each other a sleep in on the weekends.

As for the illness thing well that's a whole different story, I get no sympathy whilst he thinks he's dying LOL.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh good god no. He wakes at 4.30am, 6 days a week for work, and the kids and I sleep until 7am. I don't hear peep from him until he kisses me good bye. He even shuts the bedroom door as he goes out to the kitchen so the light doesn't wake me up.

He wouldn't dare complain even if he wanted to. I did 6 years solid of 4.30am wake ups (this was when he had a different job and was waking at 6.30am - I never let him get up during the night or early in the morning as he worked during the day). And that was with 4 hrs broken sleep a night, where he gets 8 hrs straight. So no, no crankyness here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My man gets jealous..coz all me and my mummy friends are in cafe /parks/bars ..out enjoying the sunshine!!..so he takes a day off and comes with us!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    No, and I don't even work either. I'm not really a SAHM because my kid is school-aged. A kid that is not even DP's mind you.

Yet, he doesn't get angry at me for getting up. He sometimes gets annoyed about other things, but not that he has to go to work to support us, despite all of the above. I do study out of home 3 days a week and have to leave the house a6 6.30am for that though, and I am the cranky one! lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Nope. Rob gets up at a ridiculous time every weekday morning to go to work, but he never complains, he just does it. I always let him sleep in on weekends.

My kids have me up at 5:30 - 6am most mornings anyway, so it's not like I get much more sleep than he does anyway, and I never get a sleep in because I'm up at that time every day of the week whether I'm going to work or not.

I'm pregnant, and an insomniac, and have an almost 3 year old and a 15 month old. If they wake through the night I go to them. When I have a newborn, I'm up all night with them, and shortly will be again (love every second of it ) so he knows how precious the little bit of sleep I get is. He would never complain.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dh would never carry on like that. We both work and contribute equally to the chores and the kids but even when I was a SAHM and he was the sole one working he never carried on like that. We all get tired and we just cope, that's just how it goes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Both DH and I work full time but on weekends I love to sleep in (I'm up at 5am weekdays to get my workout done before he and DD wake up) but on weekends he lets me sleep as long as I want and does everything with DD and even manages to keep her quiet... which is a huge ask!

When I was a SAHM he was so good. He would sneak around, sneak out the front door and try his hardest not to wake us. It was a god send, made mine and DD's day so easy when we were both waking up refreshed. Then again on weekends he'd take over and let me catch up on some sleep!

I think I hit the jackpot!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default Does your partner get cranky...

My hubby is pretty helpful but I get cranky when I feel I am doing more work and getting less sleep than him. I stay up later than him (11pm last night) expressing milk for bub and I get up earlier than him (5:45am) so I can express before work.

I get the cranks if he goes to bed and doesn't ask if I need help with anything first (for example ironing clothes for the next day).

I suppose my point is if hubby is cranky perhaps it's really a call for help. And a simple "you seem a bit stressed there, is there some way I can help?" would help...

Theophania is offline 'see what had happened was..there were these three ninjas and a blue monkey and well it really wasn't my fault..'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    My hubby is pretty helpful but I get cranky when I feel I am doing more work and getting less sleep than him. I stay up later than him (11pm last night) expressing milk for bub and I get up earlier than him (5:45am) so I can express before work.

I get the cranks if he goes to bed and doesn't ask if I need help with anything first (for example ironing clothes for the next day).

I suppose my point is if hubby is cranky perhaps it's really a call for help. And a simple "you seem a bit stressed there, is there some way I can help?" would help...
    Or he could stop being a sook and start respecting what his wife already does at home...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well to be honest if he is working long hours to support you and the family then I think you shouldn't be mentioning how tired you are or whatever especially if you regularly get lots more sleep than him!!