+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OJandMe View Post
    Have you said that though? I don't understand why if you just say "I need you home at 3 so you can watch the kids and I can take the dog for a walk. My health is important and I want some exercise."

I don't understand this.... *shrug* just send the kids in to jump all over him. Or stick the baby on his chest at 6am and say "I'm going for a walk with the dog."
    You are entitled to at least time in the morning, or time in the afternoon.

Family health is important! And if you feel better about yourself, then the whole mood of the house lifts. He should be making it happen, not stopping it!
    You are absolutely right. And yes I have told him what I want. I hadn't considered the morning as an option but that's a good idea!

I think he thinks that I a) can sleep during the day, I can't ds is a catnapper and b) can walk during the day, ds needs to be tired to walk, I can't go for long and the dog won't walk with the pram. Besides which I miss going for that long fast walk with my first baby!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to darla87 For This Useful Post:

OJandMe  (17-10-2012)

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes this happenes to all the time here lol and it drives me nuts!

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    My Df is ALWAYS more tired than me, if ever I'm tired he's TIREDER. ORR he goes "come on toughen up you knew this would happen your okay she's only 7 months another two years to go! You can do it!" Like mock "cheer squad".

Then he gets stroppy because that's not AT ALL what I was looking for after 3 hours of broken sleep. He was just trying to cheer me up.

:|

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub
    DH does this too....

It's either turn it back on to him so he's talking about how stressed, tired, busy he is (which is supposed to make me feel like I'm not in it by myself.... but annoys me because all I wanted was to have MY tiredness, stress, busy-ness acknowledged) Or does the 'mock cheer squad'. Love him, but lordy lord.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: Does your partner get cranky...

Yup! How about "oh yeah you had a hard night hey?" *hugs*

OH the other thing is like on a Saturday if he sleeps in till 10am I say "hey how was your sleep in?" "Aw what sleep in? I couldn't sleep blahblahblah" like it's not humanely possible to just say "hey yeah thanks" like admitting to having had sleep is impossible.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

OJandMe  (17-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope - but we're not in that situation.

My partner works from home. I generally go to bed as soon as I can after about 9pm, depending on when the baby needs feeding. He takes the baby into the office at night, and usually works until about 1 or 2am, or sleeps if he's tired and our DD will let him. About 6 or 7am I get up for the day and take the baby, then let him sleep until anywhere between 10 and 12 (depending how much sleep he got). He generally gets a lot less sleep than I do, but does it to ensure I get decent sleep. It's very much appreciated

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    Yup! How about "oh yeah you had a hard night hey?" *hugs*

OH the other thing is like on a Saturday if he sleeps in till 10am I say "hey how was your sleep in?" "Aw what sleep in? I couldn't sleep blahblahblah" like it's not humanely possible to just say "hey yeah thanks" like admitting to having had sleep is impossible.

No no..... One must never ever ever admit to a) having had a good night sleep
    b) feeling rested and relaxed..
    It's the code, doncha know. lol.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to OJandMe For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (17-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm noticing that a few people who wouldn't have that situation with their partner are in a relationship where both people have stayed at home with the baby/kids. My DH and I split working and staying home so we both get how the other one is feeling I suppose.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaNurture For This Useful Post:

OJandMe  (17-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My hubby won't go around slamming doors and making lots of noise because he's not the disrespectful but he does make sleep into a competition and if i say i'm tired he straight away says he's tireder. I think that parenting my 2 is a lot harden then when i worked full time in a daycare centre. I would love for him to be able to stay home for a few months and realise it's not easy but what i really hate is that we have a good friend that became the stay at home dad for about 18months while his wife went back to work and he is ALWAYS saying how it's not hard to do and its so easy but he was only looking after 1 child not 2 kids so close in age like mine. Grrrrr anyway thats my vent lol

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Does your partner get cranky...

No never thankfully!! We usually all get up together. DH actually let's me sleep in heaps because he knows I've been up through the night with DD a lot the last month.

When DD was a baby he would be up an gone before we were up but he would NEVER carry on like that! I would have given him a serving

I work bloody hard at home just like he works hard at work. It's not competition.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Does your partner get cranky...

I agree MammaNurture. All the douche DHs sound like they need a good case of empathy. Can some of you mothers take a couple of days off for DH or DP to take on the full load of childcare?
    My DH is awesome because he has done weeks with the children alone.
    Even the other day I went out with girlfriends for an entire public holiday for lunch and shopping. I came home to him sitting on the couch with a coffee complaining about how hard his day was with 3 children. Absolutely nothing was done. We had a good cuddle on the couch together and laughed about having too many children which is even more ironic that I'm pregnant with our fourth.
    It goes without saying in our house that we are equals on a team.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to sweetpeamummy For This Useful Post:

OJandMe  (17-10-2012)