+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    No he knows better
    Honestly he gets cranky over a lot of things, he knows this one area he would never win so he doesn't bother. I am always on his back about driving tired. He leaves home at 3am so he can get to work in another town 5 hrs drive away to start work at a normal 9 to 5 day there. It makes me so mad.

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: Does your partner get cranky...

Nope. Dh gets up at 6 and he's quiet as a mouse so he doesn't wake the rest of us. It's pretty rude to go around making noise and waking people up. I would be so peed of if dh did that, esp as dd2 is a light sleeper and an early waker.

It's not your fault he doesn't like his job. He needs to grow up.

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DP is similar . He doesn't bang anything or be loud etc, but he does occasionally say things like you mentioned. Little narky comments. I think it often comes when he's had a bad sleep or little sleep as he sometimes does 60 hour weeks including Saturdays. I just ignore it. He's had a good last week, only worked about 30 hours so he is in good spirits.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    All I could think when I read you post was 'oh what a cry baby!'... Sorry but DH never does that, if anything when he mentions he's tiered I give him a sorry look and he'll say 'yes yes I know not a tiered as you' because I wake up during the night with baby, but he's old school and he's happy for me to be home making sure the baby is well taken care of and he likes the house clean and dinner ready. It sounds like your DH is resentful, maybe a sit down chat about it all to see why he's being like that? It might have nothing to do with work but about being appreciated.
    He should go to bed earlier 5 am is a crappy time to get up... oh also what about getting up with him and making him lunch/breakfast? I know my DH loves that :-)

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaNurture View Post
    My DH is really good but I do get really cranky if I am feeling hard done by in the sleeping stakes!!! My DH and I try and have empathy for each other and that really helps. We both try and consider what the other would like/need as much as possible. And DH is usually pretty selfless and rational, so if he is cranky, I know it's something he really needs.
    Same here.

We both recognise that we both work really hard. He's done the stay home parent gig though, so he knows how full on and draining it gets. We just think about each other. Like at the moment, he's on his teaching prac, so whereas we would usually do 'day on day off' with getting up with the kids, I'm getting up with them every morning and trying to get them fed and dressed before he gets up, because he has to teach all day and have a clear head and not be going into school stressed. But he lets me sleep-in on weekends.

It's different because he doesn't have to get up at 5am to go to work. I'm sure he'd be pretty tired if he did. But I'm also sure he'd just go to bed earlier.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is a timely thread! I woke up at 5.30 (normal) with 6mth ds, after repeated resettling through the night as he has a cold. DH works flexi time and can get to work anytime from 7-9. Well everyday he sleeps til 7.30-8 and finishes at five!

It sure makes me cranky, this morning I said " why don't you get up now and go to work so you can come home earlier?". He was like " no this is when I get my best sleep". When do I get mine??? I only want him home earlier so I have enough time in the day to take the dog for a good walk, so I can lose some weight and feel better about myself! Grrr

threechooks is offline If my spelling annoys you that's your problem.... I have better things to do than proofread !
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Perhaps you should set your alarm to get up before him (just once) and make him a coffee and some breakfast. Send him to work with a lunchbox. Tell him you appreciate how hard he works and that you love him very much. Everyone loves to be appreciated.

Actually, I might take my own advice. DH works 13 hour days and is up at 4:30am. He is probably due for some affection

8. The Following User Says Thank You to threechooks For This Useful Post:

Cleigh  (17-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    No, and i'd be a bit p1ssed off if he did.
    Fair enough if you're not thrilled at early wake ups (i used to start work at 4am and i have kids who wake me at ridiculous o clock regularly so i get that) but there is no need for making rude comments and slamming stuff around, that is just childish.
    DH is always extra quiet when he has an early start so we don't get woken up.

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by darla87 View Post
    This is a timely thread! I woke up at 5.30 (normal) with 6mth ds, after repeated resettling through the night as he has a cold. DH works flexi time and can get to work anytime from 7-9. Well everyday he sleeps til 7.30-8 and finishes at five!

It sure makes me cranky, this morning I said " why don't you get up now and go to work so you can come home earlier?". He was like " no this is when I get my best sleep". When do I get mine??? I only want him home earlier so I have enough time in the day to take the dog for a good walk, so I can lose some weight and feel better about myself! Grrr
    Have you said that though? I don't understand why if you just say "I need you home at 3 so you can watch the kids and I can take the dog for a walk. My health is important and I want some exercise."

I don't understand this.... *shrug* just send the kids in to jump all over him. Or stick the baby on his chest at 6am and say "I'm going for a walk with the dog."
    You are entitled to at least time in the morning, or time in the afternoon.

Family health is important! And if you feel better about yourself, then the whole mood of the house lifts. He should be making it happen, not stopping it!
    Last edited by OJandMe; 17-10-2012 at 09:09.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: Does your partner get cranky...

My Df is ALWAYS more tired than me, if ever I'm tired he's TIREDER. ORR he goes "come on toughen up you knew this would happen your okay she's only 7 months another two years to go! You can do it!" Like mock "cheer squad".

Then he gets stroppy because that's not AT ALL what I was looking for after 3 hours of broken sleep. He was just trying to cheer me up.

:|

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

OJandMe  (17-10-2012)