+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 2013 Midwifery Students??

Thanks for that info.... May I ask what employment history you have?? I have been working in medical administration for the past 6 years so I hope it counts for a bit.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think i've read before that it's not what industry you were in but the level you were, eg Supervisor/Manager...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Flowerfae is correct. I have not connection to health what so ever. I co-manage a fairly decent size company with a rather large turn over. I have been in the same company for 10years. My roles are qut tender varied and I also have junior staff "below" me. I never thought I would be able to get into uni, but now I wished I had applied years ago. My advice there us no harm in applying the worse case is you dont get in this year but can do prep courses to bring your rank up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MRJB View Post
    For new students, I just created a Facebook page.

"BH 2013 Student midwives"
    Hi there, I have been given an early offer for Vic uni midwifery for next year. I would love to be added to the group. Thanks so much. You will find me under kirsten dwyer linton.

Thanks
    Reviews

So , just about to post my PCA to QTAC and went back onto the website and it says 5 pages on one section and then on another info se toon it says 5 pages or 1500 words... 1500 does not fit on 5 pages more like 3 pages... Can anyone let me know what they did?? I have emailed QTAC but they have not got back to me yet... TIA

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm pretty sure mine was only about 3 ages. It certainly wasn't 5!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi! This is my first ever post on a forum! Hooray! I've applied to study BMid at ACU full time next year (roll on 13 Dec!). Just wondering if there are any qualified midwives out there who know what the employment sitch is like for grads in QLD?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wondering if there are any qualified midwives out there who know what the employment sitch is like for grads in QLD?

Hi and Welcome!
    If you venture up to the pinned thread at the top of the studying section there is a thread for midwifery students and they have been discussing in there the issues with grad year, etc.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to flowerfae For This Useful Post:

LouLou73  (28-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by flowerfae View Post
    Hi and Welcome!
    If you venture up to the pinned thread at the top of the studying section there is a thread for midwifery students and they have been discussing in there the issues with grad year, etc.
    [/INDENT]
    Thanks heaps flowerfae...took me a while to work out where I was going, being a forum virgin (haven't said THAT with a straight face for a few years!) but it's a great thread with lots of info. Bit depressing about the employment prospects in SE QLD at the moment but here's hoping it picks up in 3 years time!