+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 2013 Midwifery Students??

Hi! Are there many people here who have applied to begin a BMid for Feb 2013?
    I have applied for part time at ACU in Brisbane but I don't think the major offer round is until mid January! So long to wait and I'm getting impatient!
    Good luck if you have also applied

2. The Following User Says Thank You to foggy For This Useful Post:

melb81  (08-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I'm applying to study midwifery at Griffith university for next year, in the middle of doing PCA and am sitting my STAT test on 1st nov!! Eek!! R u doing a PCA??

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi Melb! I sat my STAT in August, it was quite daunting! But actually sitting in the classroom doing it wasn't at all bad. Just make sure you go to the loo before you enter as its a 2 hour test and they won't let you leave to go!

Yeah I did a PCA too as I graduated high school back in 1999! When do applications close for Griffith??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by foggy View Post
    Hi Melb! I sat my STAT in August, it was quite daunting! But actually sitting in the classroom doing it wasn't at all bad. Just make sure you go to the loo before you enter as its a 2 hour test and they won't let you leave to go!

Yeah I did a PCA too as I graduated high school back in 1999! When do applications close for Griffith??

Cool thanxs for that info. How did you go with the PCA?? Its hard to talk about yourself isn't it.... I also graduated from High School in 1999.

All my stuff for QTAC has to be in by 17th Dec. Then offer round in January...A long time away to get accepted tho eh...

Thanks
    Reviews

I think I did well with the PCA, although when I called to ask what my rank was the lady said with my Certificate 3 and STAT results combined that's what gave me my ranking. She didn't mention my PCA at all! I hope it counted - I put so much effort into it!!

Yeah, it's hard waiting!

Do you have a medical background?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, for the past 7 years I have worked in medical admin for QLD health and currently work in admin for a GP. I have also completed a cert III.

Can I ask you some Q's about how u did your PCA??
    - Did you follow the Indicators listed from top to bottom or did you just write your essay and made sure you had all the Indicators covered??

Thanxs

Thanks
    Reviews

Haha I think I started all over the shop for my PCA. I started with the easy ones and ones that came to me quickly, then typed them up in a document. Then I got through the harder ones that stumped me, typed them up and then eventually I put them all in order. Mine reads like an essay but I did see examples where people had it in dot form.

Thanks
    Reviews

And I'm not too sure how relevant mine was either - my background is in retail and financial services/insurances!

MRJB is offline Good things come to those who wait!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi, I just got an offer yesterday for Griffith 2013 and accepted. I don't get on here very often but I'll check from time to time to see if there is an ongoing group set up! Good luck to everyone!

Thanks
    Reviews

Congratulations, MRJB!! That's fantastic news And nice and early too! I don't think the ACU (Bris) early offer is until mid December. It seems as though it's so far away!
    Good luck with everything.