+ Reply to Thread

Default Return to work help

Help! My little one has just turned 6months, and I have returned back to work. Mostly because I've had to, my partner is studying at the moment so we need the money. I have worked out days I an work and he is home to look after little one.

Problem is that I get home from work and he's super stressed, which makes me stressed. Little one won't settle for him, won't go down for proper naps. On top of all this he's got final assessments over the next 3 weeks.

I don't know what to do. I don't really want to put little one in daycare, but I don't want to be coming home just to have him tell me what an awful day he's had. I feel bad to leave little one as it is, but to have him act like this isn't exactly helping the transition back into work.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Has anyone been in the same situation? Will little one eventually settle with him?

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    In the messy house, Brisbane
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes, your little one will settle for him, they just have to find their groove.

Maybe you can help your dh work out a few play stations to amuse bubs so he can get some work done and a bit of a routine for their days together.

Similar Threads

1. Flexible working arrangements return to work
    By rosycheeks in forum Maternity & Parental Leave
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 18-07-2012, 16:22
  2. Return to work or stay home?
    By 2BlueBirds in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-07-2012, 02:01
  3. Return to work.. baby so clingy now sigh
    By bumMum in forum Working Hubbers - Employed
    Replies: 0