+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Pregnancy Multivitamin Question

Quick background.....I'm newly pregnant and I have a lapband which is currently perfectly tight for me- this means my diet is quite restrictive, therefore whether pregnant or not a multivitamin is imperative for me.

I've tried over the past few weeks to crush Elevit but as the days go by this is becoming unbearable (gagging and almost making me vomit/regurgitate which should always be avoided as much as possibe with a lapband)

So in my quest for a chewable multi with as much as the 'good stuff' for pregnant women, I searched the world (as i could find none in the Aust market) and found a chewable pre-natal/pregnancy/breastfeeding multi that I thought would be suitable from USA. Now it has just arrived on my doorstep I've just re-checked the ingredient list and realised that it contains vitamin A!!!! Now my issue after a tonne of google research is that it is not reccommended in Australia during pregnancy and is not found in any of the major preg multi's....yet in USA/Canada/Europe most of them highly reccommend it as an ingredient!!! Arrrrrghhhh what should I do? Take it or throw it away? I have my first OB appointment in week and it will be number one on my question list but in the meantime i only have one gross elevit to crush up left...... ideas? information? guidance? would love anyones ideas!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Natures way I think do a chewable preg vitamin they taste a bit Bleh but I know how it feels not to be able to swallow the elevit maybe chat to you doc about subs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

If a preg vitamin contains vit a the dose is measured they was us to avoid things extra high like liver etc that why there are guidelines for food