+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Bugaboo Donkey purchase

I'm looking to buy a Donkey to replace my Cameleon when no2 arrives.

Has anyone had experience with buying online? Namely babyshop com? Their pricing and shipping is very reasonable.

How long did it take? Were you charged customs? Should I get capsule adaptors at same time (cheaper) or purchase separately to avoid customs?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Def purchase seperatly to avoid customs!! No personal experience but have done a bit of reading into it, some people reccomend buying the mono then doing a separate order for the duo extension + access to avoid customs.

I have also heard that they aren't shipping to aus directly anymore, but never confirmed myself.

I'm not going to bother ordering from them anymore.... Got a baby store over here to agree to do it for $100 more then their price + shipping. In the end it was easier and less stress

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks - can I ask which baby shop agree to do that? I'd much rather buy it here, but currently it's about a $500 saving to do it online.

Thanks
    Reviews

I notice that you live near me. If you did decide to to buy it here in the end, I bought mine from a shop in hoppers crossing and they ALWAYS give me a good deal.
    I got $200 off mine. They can def be negotiated on price.

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh thanks - I'm not far from Hoppers at all, I usually go to Baby Bunting and Baby Time. Any of those ones?

Thanks
    Reviews
    The place is a small local one in Adelaide....I think I *may* have gotten so much in the end as the girl's cousin is knows dh's cousins. (The joys of having a Lebanese husband with a massive family, someone always knows him/his family)

my babywearhouse online had it for cheaper the other day and baby village often have them on special. I work near baby bunting, and shop there all the time (so some of the girls know me from that) and they didn't go down much but its worth asking!

Ring around, before dh and I went in, I managed to get a reasonable discount over the phone and I'm sure if I had money/card in my hand ready to buy or walk out they would have gone cheaper

Did I send you the info about the safety 1st capsule Pesca? If that was you ask about customs charges ect on there I think they would have a pretty good idea about all that.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to F&A For This Useful Post:

Pesca77  (17-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Pesca77 View Post
    Oh thanks - I'm not far from Hoppers at all, I usually go to Baby Bunting and Baby Time. Any of those ones?
    Babytime!! Love them. They are the nicest people and always give a great deal

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks RubySunrise - I contacted them and they offered $1,700, which is pretty good.

Babyshop com would still be cheaper, approx $1400 - or max $1,500 with card fees etc

I'm not sure what to do now! If I got charged customs then that would probably take me close to $1,700 anyway. What to do, what to do...!

Thanks
    Reviews

What is the customs rates these days? I bought a $1500 watch from the US about 5 years ago and got charged about $250....

Thanks
    Reviews

I got told a max of 10% - so up to $400 at most, but usually $200-300 for this pram if you do get stung.