+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default ovulation

Hi everyone

I got some bad news yesterday about my progesterone levels which were less than one. Basically the Dr who told me told me my first baby was a fluke.

So after my hysterical sobbing and binge eat my head became clearer and it got me thinking if i'm not ovulating where does my period come from.

I've heard that if you have a long cycle basically your endometrium gets that heavy it can't support itself you get a withdrawal bleed which is understandable for the one cycle I had that was 53 days but most my cycles range from 28-33 days.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Tia

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: ovulation

anyone

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Hi meesha,

In an anovulatory cycle, you do get bleeding because your endometrium can only last so long before it strips itself - like you said. As it can't support itself indefinitely, it is usually fairly regular so it can be easily mistaken for a period.

I read somewhere that after about 16 days the endometrium starts to wither away of it's own accord, even if ovulation didn't occur, so it can account for your shorter cycles too. Progesterone bleeds are usually heavier and crampier than regular periods.

Have you considered charting your BBT to check you're frequently having anovulatory cycles? Most women have then occasionally, so maybe it was just unfortunate timing!!!

HTH

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: ovulation

Thank you rainbow road. I literally started charting this morning I thought it the cheapest way to see what's going on with such whacked out cycles.

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub