+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Unsettled 15 week old

Hi all,

this is my first post on this forum, although I browse regularly. I'm looking for some opinions on why my 3 and a half month old DS is suddenly struggling with day sleeps, and is very unsettled during the day.

Up until a week ago, he was doing a 9 hour stretch at night without problems, and has even slept through the night oncer twice. He is not the best day sleeper, but usually manages one reasonable morning sleep (1.5 - 2 hrs) and 3 - 4 shorter naps throughout the day. For the last 3 or 4 days, he has woken during the night for a feed after about 6 hours, and his day sleeps have been difficult. It has taken a good 20 minutes to put him down, and he will be lucky to last 30 mins before screaming and waking (and can't be resettled).
    This afternoon I put him down (after rocking him to sleep in my arms) and he woke up screaming every 5 minutes for about an hour(he would fall asleep again when I settled him, I'd put him down, and a few mins later he'd cry).
    He is very red in the cheeks, drooling a lot and can't keep his hands out of his mouth, but doesn't have a fever.

Could this be teething? Sleep regression? Something else? Help!!

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Teething for sure IMO

3. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

Bronkilks  (17-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It definitely sounds like teething to me! My DD is also three months, drooling, red cheeks, can't keep her hands out of her mouth. It has affected her sleep although not too much...I'm just waiting for the day when all hell breaks loose and she won't sleep at all lol! Have you tried infant panadol for your bub? It might help

5. The Following User Says Thank You to justthe3ofus For This Useful Post:

Bronkilks  (17-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the advice, I'm now certain that it is teething! I have bought home a couple of teething rings and a Sophie the giraffe, as he is desperate tho chew on anything and everything. When I spoke to the MHCN line, the nurse I spoke to told me very firmly not to use Panadol...