+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Dangerous home-birthers spoil it for the rest of us

Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    It's funny because she makes freebirthers sound like a bunch of pitchfork wielding women who are about to storm the local hospital to coerce mothers into freebirthing and if they wont see sense and come along quietly we will scare them with our scaredy scaredy tactics. When really we are just making birth choices based on what we feel is best for our families, just like any other mother would.
    I didn't get that vibe at all. I read it as her saying free birthing is riskier than home birthing with a midwife and that there should be no shame in going to hospital if needed. Also that higher risk birthing should be done in a hospital for the safety of all. And that midwife attended home birth is a good option for low risk births.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

BlissedOut  (16-10-2012),saxonrose  (31-07-2013)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    I didn't get that vibe at all.
    Good-O, I did.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Good-O, I did.
    You seem to have taken it personally, I really didn't read the article this way

I think most women can understand the appeal with an intervention free home birth with a lovely midwife. Free birthing....just seems like taking extra risks for no reason

5. The Following User Says Thank You to darla87 For This Useful Post:

BlissedOut  (16-10-2012)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by darla87 View Post
    You seem to have taken it personally, I really didn't read the article this way

I think most women can understand the appeal with an intervention free home birth with a lovely midwife. Free birthing....just seems like taking extra risks for no reason
    No, not personally I don't feel judged or threatened by her opinion.

Yes extra risks just like all those women who have cesareans for no medical need, should we list the risks involved in that? Or maybe (and here's the one I choose 100%) we could just let women choose what they feel is best for their own situation? What do you think?

Thanks
    Reviews
    No, not personally I don't feel judged or threatened by her opinion.

Yes extra risks just like all those women who have cesareans for no medical need, should we list the risks involved in that? Or maybe (and here's the one I choose 100%) we could just let women choose what they feel is best for their own situation? What do you think?
    Yes I agree with you, it should be a woman's choice. Provided of course she is aware of risks and has contingency plans.

Its just I can understand wanting a home birth, I can understand wanting a c-section. I can think of situations were these options would be best, I just don't get that with freebirthing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yes I agree with you, it should be a woman's choice. Provided of course she is aware of risks and has contingency plans.

Its just I can understand wanting a home birth, I can understand wanting a c-section. I can think of situations were these options would be best, I just don't get that with freebirthing
    You don't need to understand it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Free birthing when there is the alternative of home birthing with a midwife is IMO negligent.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

babylove81  (16-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Dangerous home-birthers spoil it for the rest of us

Freebirth was the best option for me, and I don't expect anyone to understand why. I only expect ppl to respect my decision as being my decision. Same as I respect others decisions on their own choices.

Sent from my U8860 using BubHub

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsdj1234 For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet  (16-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Dangerous home-birthers spoil it for the rest of us

It's funny because she makes freebirthers sound like a bunch of pitchfork wielding women who are about to storm the local hospital to coerce mothers into freebirthing and if they wont see sense and come along quietly we will scare them with our scaredy scaredy tactics. When really we are just making birth choices based on what we feel is best for our families, just like any other mother would.
    I read this exactly.

Sent from my U8860 using BubHub

14. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsdj1234 For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet  (16-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    Free birthing when there is the alternative of home birthing with a midwife is IMO negligent.
    How so?