+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Here is a case in point....

Friend just had their first baby...a baby girl. I have all my DDs clothes left from 0000 to size 1 and gave them the lot as they had nothing (I assumed). They profusley thanks me and even said theu had nothing.

So just heard from my SIL that the friend said she has been given so much stuff that all the things I have given her she has given to her friend that is having a garage sale so she can sell all the stuff!

What the...?

If she didnt want it give it back! There were heaps of near new stuff and sleeping bags that I was going to sell myself that I thought I would be a good friend and give it to her. Just would have been nice if she had of said..."gosh there is so much...I dont need it all. Do you want it back?" Thats what I would have done in that situation.

So OP I feel for you. Its pretty obvious she has broken/lost the baby bath. She should just own up. What is she...5 years old? Say sorry...give you some money to cover it and its done.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FluffyDucks For This Useful Post:

Hunkamunka  (20-10-2012),MsImpatient  (20-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default baby bath on lend and getting it back....

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle_N View Post
    Here is a case in point....

Friend just had their first baby...a baby girl. I have all my DDs clothes left from 0000 to size 1 and gave them the lot as they had nothing (I assumed). They profusley thanks me and even said theu had nothing.

So just heard from my SIL that the friend said she has been given so much stuff that all the things I have given her she has given to her friend that is having a garage sale so she can sell all the stuff!

What the...?

If she didnt want it give it back! There were heaps of near new stuff and sleeping bags that I was going to sell myself that I thought I would be a good friend and give it to her. Just would have been nice if she had of said..."gosh there is so much...I dont need it all. Do you want it back?" Thats what I would have done in that situation.

So OP I feel for you. Its pretty obvious she has broken/lost the baby bath. She should just own up. What is she...5 years old? Say sorry...give you some money to cover it and its done.
    Omg that's atrocious behaviour!!!! Giving your stuff to one of her friends to sell...wow. People never cease to amaze me!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

OP - I would want the bath back or the truth!

A bit OT but I am going to have a bub in about a month and have had some people start to lend/drop stuff off to help out. I always double check what the deal is - do they want it back? When? etc so we are all clear.

Thanks
    Reviews

In all honesty I would start the "annoy an persist" protocol.
    That includes daily texts/calls about it and multiple visits a week until I got it back!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kezanazz For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (19-10-2012),GirlsRock  (30-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kezanazz View Post
    In all honesty I would start the "annoy an persist" protocol.
    That includes daily texts/calls about it and multiple visits a week until I got it back!
    I agree. Pees me off no end. This is why I refuse to lend things. They can either have them for good, or not at all. I wasn't given or loaned anything 2nd hand for dd but have been given hand me downs for DS and I always made sure it was for keeps otherwise I wouldn't take it for fear of losing or breaking it. Mind u I've only been given clothes.
    Do not give up. It's manners for her to tell u where it is.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bellaleggos For This Useful Post:

Hunkamunka  (20-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I would confront her face to face and asked her if she still has the bath. If she says yes, then say cool, I'll be by at 2pm to pick it up. If she doesn't or makes up an excuse, ask her if it's broken or she gave it away. If the answer is no, then you'll pick it up tomorrow. Ask her direct questions so there is no weaseling out of it.

and can't believe her hide michelle to sell it. I gave away a heap of totally gorgeous clothes after I had my 2nd child, good quality stuff in good nic, bc the girl whined she couldn't afford stuff for the baby. I found out she sold a lot of it on ebay

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: baby bath on lend and getting it back....

I'm thinking if she had broken the bath she would have fessed up by now, so she is probably trying to get it back off some other dodgy friend that she passed it on to. I think you just need to ask her where it is because it has become abundantly obvious that she is hiding something.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi all i have MASSIVE NEWS!!!!!!!!!!
    The bath is ALIVE!
    i have been given confirmation that it's been found.
    She even offered to bring it over for me.
    This was sent to me via text at 10pm last night
    I honestly think it was pure laziness on her part. Im a little annoyed that it came to so many attempts at getting the bloody thing back in the first place. I knew it was very out of character for her to not own upto breaking it/selling it or lending it off.

Anyways, mystery solved and i thank you ALL for your support and advice.
    I will in future be very mindfull about lending my things to others.

Thanks
    Reviews

That's a good outcome in the end for you! Awesome.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to kezanazz For This Useful Post:

Hunkamunka  (20-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Yay!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to bubbabailey For This Useful Post:

Hunkamunka  (20-10-2012)