+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default baby bath on lend and getting it back....

Quote Originally Posted by GirlsRock View Post

if she does canel on Tuesday, just turn up anyway and tell her you have a new phone and didn't get the message.
    Good idea!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The bath is gone, tell her you want the money or move on and buy another one. If it meant that much to you, you shouldn't have lent it.

She gave you other stuff back, she keeps making excuses when it comes to the bath, its gone.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ~BEXTER~ For This Useful Post:

Happy2be3  (19-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm interested to hear how this pans out!! Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ~BEXTER~ View Post
    The bath is gone, tell her you want the money or move on and buy another one. If it meant that much to you, you shouldn't have lent it.

She gave you other stuff back, she keeps making excuses when it comes to the bath, its gone.
    Dont agree, op trusted this person and I know I will be borrowing things and then lending things when I have my bub. In 'community spirit' that's what friends do. Good on you for being generous in the first place.

Thanks
    Reviews

Haven't read all the replies. But I can see that it's rude, you have helped her out the least she could do is be upfront.

But tbh if you have made so many points of getting it back do far and no avail. I would simply move on and buy another one (they are pretty cheap) and just make sure you never lend anything to her again. It's not worth your emotional effort any longer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Op have you got your bath back? How hard can it be for her to return you esp when you live just 5 mins away? Something's fishy. I would ask her directly about it.

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I'd be p!ssy too. It's not about the bath, it's the principal. You don't borrow an item from a friend and then either loan or sell it to someone else, or ruin it and not offer to replace it. That's a pretty dog act. If you ruin an item that's been loaned to you, you have the integrity to fess up and offer to do the right thing even if it takes you a while to pay back/replace because it was an expensive item.

She's being very vague and honestly I'd be calling her and saying "Either tell me what's wrong with it, or be home on xxxxx day so that I can pick it up". I'd then tell her that if she stalls on it I know that she's either ruined it, lost it, or given it to someone else and in that case I want the money for it.

I'd also be writing said friend off. She's led you on a wild goose chase for long enough, and you just don't do that to friends imo.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yes you are right to want it back. The price is not the point!.....it was on loan, she needs to give it back or give you a reason why she doesnt have it or wont give it back! Its infuriating me and Im not even part of it!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

Hunkamunka  (19-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: baby bath on lend and getting it back....

Quote Originally Posted by ~BEXTER~ View Post

Amen!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: baby bath on lend and getting it back....

Some things in life you just have to write off. I'm sorry this happened to you...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast