+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amazonbaby View Post
    I don't think you should have to buy a new bath. If the one you had is broken, your friend should be getting you a new one.
    This. Seriously, stop talking about it on here, call her up and start busting her balls about it. If shes git it at the house then theres no reason you can pick it up tomoz. And if she can't give it to you then, it means its not there so you can ask her where it is.

And if she doesn't have it, tell her it cost x dollars and you'll be there to pick up the money next week.

Seriously, just get in her face about it. Its obviously stressing you out.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WineTime For This Useful Post:

Hunkamunka  (16-10-2012),MrJones&Me  (16-10-2012),~BEXTER~  (16-10-2012)

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I understand how you feel and honestly I always thought there was was some unwritten code about borrowing things. However sadly some don't see it that way.

I leant my sister a dog pen to borrow, she pulled it apart, broke the clips and then cable tied the lot back together. It's ruined now, but offered it back broken. I just let it go.

If you have sentimental value then I hope you get it back. Sometimes you just need a bit of force to get it back.

All the best for getting it back

QUOTE=Hunkamunka;6863204]Just want to mention, I dont really want to just let it go. This bath was a gift to us for our first born from my mum, she had it specially ordered in. Even she got a bit narky that my friend "may have" lent it to someone else without asking me. IMO, that doesnt bother me, if it's helping out other's and getting it's use! I'll just make sure to give it a good scrub LoL....if i ever see it again...
    I agree, it's not worth the stress, im more annoyed than stressed.
    Isnt there some sort of "baby things lending ettiquite???"[/QUOTE]

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LifeInShadesOfGrey For This Useful Post:

Hunkamunka  (19-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default baby bath on lend and getting it back....

Yeah it's not fair, she should give it back or be honest, it's a bit weird she is avoiding it so much! Good luck OP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Yep I agree with PP get up in her grill about it. Le her know you are coming to get it. If she makes an excuse I would be asking for the money!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

So what did you end up doing?

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Glad you bumped this. I was thinking about this today

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    Glad you bumped this. I was thinking about this today
    Lol im intrigued at the end result.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Honestly, i wouldnt consider her much of a friend if you didnt see her for 9mnths while pregnant with your DD....and now she isnt giving your property back. Its not how i would treat my friends, nor is it how i would expect to be treated!

I would make contact and be straight up, Be honest, and dont sugar coat it because it obviously hasnt worked in the past.

You want it back. It was a gift with sentimental value. You are getting your baby things ready NOW, so she needs to hand it over. If she doesnt have it/its broken/whatever... She then needs to replace it OR give you the money so you can get another.

I hope you have got it back already though! How frustrating.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Re: baby bath on lend and getting it back....

If she cancels tell her to leave it out the front of her place and you'll pick it up.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah, very weird. If my kids were sick I'd still let you pop over and pick the baby bath up, I'd just let you know before hand not to come inside. It's not like you'll catch their illness fom knocking on the font door, her opening it and handing your property over to you.

if she does canel on Tuesday, just turn up anyway and tell her you have a new phone and didn't get the message.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to GirlsRock For This Useful Post:

Hunkamunka  (19-10-2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast