+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Help to find a contraceptive please?

I am struggling to find an appropriate form of contraception to use and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions? I'll just do a quick run down of what I have used before.

I have tried using the implanon/Depo which causes me extreme weight gain.

I can't take any of the Pills as I am breastfeeding and there are no mini pills that are lactose free.

I have recently tried the Mirena (after an unplanned pregnancy/termination in June) but it turned me into a hormonal monster I also conceived, had it removed (due to the monster issue) which allowed implantation to occur this pregnancy resulted in a m/c last month.

Condoms cause me pain during intercourse.

The nuvo ring isn't breastfeeding friendly.

I am worried about the reliability of the diaphragm and the issue I have with the cup/tampons 'falling' out (my body expels them, always has) make me wonder if I will also have issues with this and it is not something I am willing to risk as I don't want another pregnancy right now.

Right now I am considering the copper IUD but I have read it can make your bleeding worse and I am already using DD's disposable nappies for the first 2-3 days of my cycle when I get them.

I am also cautious about using the billings method as my cycles are not regular at all, they are ranging from 30-65 days. Again I do not want another unplanned pregnancy.

We are not 100% sure we are done having children and are wanting to leave the option open for a few years down the track which rules out sterilization, I know once DD weans I will be able to try a few other methods that are currently ruled out but that leaves a good 2+ years to go or until my cycles are regular.

I'm really not sure what to use

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Last edited by FluffyDucks; 15-10-2012 at 19:10. Reason: Didn't read post properly :( sorry!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by FluffyDucks; 15-10-2012 at 19:09. Reason: Didn't read post properly :( sorry!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry have no advice but am in very similar position (can't take hormonal contraceptives and am BF) so am subbing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Help to find a contraceptive please?

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle_N View Post
    Ummm...how about DH wear a condom?

Seems that all the contraceptive methods are about you and if you are having so many difficulties then maybe DH should step up?

If you are finished having babies how about DH have a vastectomy? They are pretty quick nowadays and almost pain free.
    She has said condoms are painful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    She has said condoms are painful.
    I just saw that too! Sorry OP! I need to start reading through instead of skimming. Please ignore all my comments. Will delete now.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle_N View Post
    I just saw that too! Sorry OP! I need to start reading through instead of skimming. Please ignore all my comments. Will delete now.
    dont stress I skim all the time I was going to bold the names but I thought it would look odd to the non-skimmers hehe

8. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

FluffyDucks  (15-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My GP has given me a script for Levlen. If you read the info about The Pill (not the Mini Pill) it actually says that after solids are introduced at 6 months it shouldn't interfere with BFing. There is no reason you can't BF and take the normal Pill other than it *might* reduce your supply. My supply is all over the place anyway particularly around the time of AF (I assume AF is back for you??), so I don't think it will be much different. Having said that my dd has just been sick for the last 2.5 weeks and I don't want to confuse everything right now (AF arrived yesterday) so I'm waiting another month to start Levlen. I'm planning on weaning in 2 or so months anyway so I'm not too fussed.

Have a chat with your GP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you tried different types of condoms ? I.e latex free. Just thinking that maybe they hurt because of the latex?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thanks Mim1 but it's not something I am comfortable with I have seen my GP which is how I ended up on the Mirena but that was our last option thing