+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Unhappy HELP!!! 4 month old not sleeping during the day!!

My 4 month old ds used to be a fantastic sleeper during the day, would bf, play for awhile and then an hour to 45 mins before his next feed would go down for a sleep in his cradle. Over the last week or so Ive been struggling to get him down for even one sleep during the day even though he is clearly tired. As soon as I put him in bed he starts to scream hysterically until picked up. He will sometimes calm down in mine or dhs arms but usually just keep screaming until its time for his next feed. By night he is sooo tired and miserable. Yesterday i managed to get him to sleep in the sleepy wrap for two quick catnaps but it doesnt always work. Im really at a loss about what to do, its now 1:40pm here and he hasnt slept since a 10min nap in the car at 8:30 this morning!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default help with 4month old

Hi there, sounds like your going through exactly what we went through a month ago with our little girl. We are first time parents and the advice that i got from mums off here is missing tired signs.
    How often do put bub down for a sleep? And what about TV? Loud/Noisy toys that may be over stimulating? Or 4 month sleep regression (i hadnt heard of this either)
    Our little girl was a great sleeper at night, perfect routine and has been since about 2 months old, she was a great day sleeper and as she got older wow day sleeps became a nightmare. It must have been around 13/14 weeks old and things changed with here pattern and i was missing the tired signs. The advice i got was a bub of that age should be having a sleep every 1 - 1 1/5 hours and try and put down while still awake so he can learn to put himself to sleep. What about a walk in the pram? Fresh is really good for bubs and its suppose to make them sleepy.
    Not sure if this is any good advice but i know it helped me, i had a different baby after a few days. Bub is 5.5 months now and her sleep cycle is starting to shift again now as she wants to stay awake longer....dont you wish they came with there very own instruction manual. good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subbing because I am having a similar issue re: day sleeps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hows your bub going, has sleep improved??
    QUOTE=sunshineandkidlets;6861940]My 4 month old ds used to be a fantastic sleeper during the day, would bf, play for awhile and then an hour to 45 mins before his next feed would go down for a sleep in his cradle. Over the last week or so Ive been struggling to get him down for even one sleep during the day even though he is clearly tired. As soon as I put him in bed he starts to scream hysterically until picked up. He will sometimes calm down in mine or dhs arms but usually just keep screaming until its time for his next feed. By night he is sooo tired and miserable. Yesterday i managed to get him to sleep in the sleepy wrap for two quick catnaps but it doesnt always work. Im really at a loss about what to do, its now 1:40pm here and he hasnt slept since a 10min nap in the car at 8:30 this morning!![/QUOTE]