+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default how r u getting a comfy nights sleep?

ok so belly is getting quite large now and im struggling to get a good comfortable nights sleep.
    How do you support your bump in bed?
    Ive tried belly pillows, beanie pillows, wedges, 'L' shapes pillows, pillows between my legs.....nothing works.
    My sides ACHE from laying on them all night, i toss and turn about 100 times rotating sides because it feels like my ribs are collapsing. Im so scared about laying on my back (apparently there is some inconclusive research that it is linked to the cause of stillbirths) but it's my most comfy position
    Ive tried sleeping upright but my back kills me and i get cramps in my bum.
    DH is a bit over my restlessness. Poor thing.
    Arghh!

Any tips that worked for you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't have much advice to offer except that I lay on my left side with my bump on top of my body pillow, my left leg under and right leg on top, and cuddling it.

I know you've mentioned that you're worried about sleeping on your back coz of stillbirth risks, I personally haven't heard of this but my way of thinking is that the stress you're experiencing as a result of no sleep is probably worse for the baby than the risk of still birth... Just my 2 cents worth though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I cant sleep on my back because it makes me light headed (though i had no issues with it first pregnancy) and i know what you mean about sore sides!! Its horrible, and i struggle lots of nights too. I have started weekly physio/massage (i alternate between the two) for my hips which helps soooo much. Physio also recommended lying on a golf ball as a way of getting a good, deep massage into the area. It works to loosen me up between sessions. Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews

Default how r u getting a comfy nights sleep?

I'm 34 weeks and not getting a comfortable sleep at all lol
    I have a pregnancy pillow, a good mattress and swap sides regularly but nothing helps apart from heat packs on my sorest points.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Re: how r u getting a comfy nights sleep?

I'm not getting a comfy night's sleep. I alternate between left and right sides, and on my back propped up with loads of pillows, so practically sitting. So I'm always sore in the morning, but at least it's not just the same spot getting sorer and sorer.
    Oh, and i lay on my back until around 30 weeks, with my body pillow sort of wedged under my whole right side.so I wasn't flat on my back, but now that makes me breathless and dizzy so I've stopped. But maybe that could work for you for a while?

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    i try to stay on my left side, but also swap to my right side if I feel like it. I don't sleep on my back or tummy.

I have 3 pillows that I stack up so I sleep elevated;starting just a bit higher then my hip. Then I have my normal pillow sitting on top of that where my head normally is. I also sleep with my body pillow under my tummy and then in b.w my legs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    First thing...can hubby sleep in another bed for a while?? Honestly I have started to sleep really well without mine in the bed as I am not worried aboutility waking him with my tossing and turning.

But I sleep on my right side...but almost on my tummy. I have a pillow next to me to stop me completely lying on my tummy. Does that even make sense? I'm somewhere in between side and tummy with a pillow for support. Always fall asleep like this then turn over during the night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sleeping on your back is a no no because it can cut blood supply to the baby and yourself. I think 16 weeks is when you should stop? That's what I've been told anyway

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I kicked DH out at about 34 weeks, and that helped. I slept on my left side with a pillow at my back, another pillow between my legs, and my head on two pillows (tried to lessen the reflux, didn't really work). By the end I was getting barely any sleep at all, but at least I only went to 38 weeks. The good thing about all this lack of sleep is that it prepared me for the sleepless nights with DS!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found the bellybean pillow to help the most simply because I didnt have to move it around if I was changing sides.

I mainly sleep on my left but will sleep on my right for short amounts of time and sleep elavated on my back (but I make sure I push a pillow behind me to support the very lower part of my back).

Don't be afraid to move around and find whats comfy. If your not sure about risks ie. cutting off blood supply then speak to your doc x