+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Irregular Periods and short LP

I think I had this post in the wrong section

So as the title suggests I have been trying for a few months and after 2 cycles discovered I have a short LP. It's odd since I get the EWCM exactly 14 days before AF but do not get the temp rise 5-6 days later. Almost like my ovulation is trying but being delayed or something. Is this possible?
    It's too early to assume I have fertility issues but I was looking into natural ways to fix this.

I have come up with Vitamin B6 and vitex. Does anyone have any advice which would work best for my situation? Keep in mind I have been taking Swiss pregnancy multivitamin which has 50mg of B6 already and obviously not making a difference but I also read online thoughts that B6 can delay ovulation???

Should I take one or the other or a combination of both? I have some raspberry leaf tea which I will ice and drink a cup each night as well.

Its hard cause you could set a watch to my cycle before DS now post pregnancy I am all off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Nat thanks for the reply. Can I ask how you are taking Vitex? Everyday or just during the first half of your cycle. I seem to be getting recommendations for both.

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi Nat I have started with the Vitex (2000mg) every night. Along with b6 (100mcg) hopefully I have all bases covered!!!

I will take till I 'o' then stop till after AF.

Good luck with you pregnancy and thanks for the advice. Hopefully it works for me as well as it did for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

I'm taking 1000mg of Vitex for irregular Af and I suggest you speak to a naturopath about when to take it. Although docs say to not take it after O or when pregnant many naturopath suggest to continue taking it until after pregnant and the slowly lower the dose a wean off it (within the first trimester). They suggest this as it is a hormone (progesterone in particular) regulator and needs to be taken consistently (not 2 weeks a month as this confuses your system and is fairly contradictory), also if you naturally have low progesterone and come off it suddenly when you get a BFP it can increase the likelihood of MC. The only reason it isn't suggested by docs is there hasn't been extensive testing on the affects although it isn't considered 'dangerous' like certain pharmaceuticals and should be prescribed by a naturopath.

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi jan01- thanks for taking the time to reply. I am so confused as I am hearing different advice. I asked the woman in the health shop and she said to take it to ovulation but I have definitely read what you are saying. I seem to also find a lot of pages that believe it causes miscarriage.

So confusing. Interestingly I brought a Chinese brand and it doesnt not recommend taking during pregnancy which I think the main ****** brands do. Maybe I will stay on them and if I get my BFP I will see someone on how and when to get off them.

Also how is it going for you irregular periods? My periods are irregular and my o was late. Interestingly I got EWCM and a temp drop exactly 14 days before AF I just did not get the LH rise or temp peak until 5 days later so a 9 day LP. So like my O stalled or something?

Thanks again :-)

Thanks
    Reviews

My advice - find an acupuncturist that specializes in fertility.

I found one and she had me on a regular cycle (previously all over the place) within two months like clockwork. I fell pregnant as soon as we started trying (3 months after beginning to see her).

I was a bit skeptical at first, but am so pleased I went now. If you are in Brisbane I can give you her details.

Thanks
    Reviews

No I'm in Sydney - thanks for the offer though. I will google a local one.

For all you vitex users can I ask - did you find your BBT lowered a bit while on it?

I have dropped from 36.4-36.5 to 36.2-36.3... Could that just be the hormones?
    Last edited by Meld85; 24-10-2012 at 07:03.